PDA

View Full Version : WTA pro's and their "tweener" frames

genepark66
09-07-2006, 07:39 AM
After watching the top women pro's at the open,I was wondering why such talented players such as Serena, Jelena, and Golovin play with such powerful tweener frames?

I was wondering if I should start playing with one. Also knowing that there racquets are fully customized as well, but still.

bsandy
09-07-2006, 08:05 AM
1. Their form is perfect
2. They string them with tighter, and use 16 or 15l string
3. Serena's is a complete custom racquet, with a 18x20 pattern to take some of the power away.

katarddx
09-07-2006, 05:19 PM
i coud've agreed on everything but "the form is perfect". more like "The form is far from perfect"

isuk@tennis
09-08-2006, 12:15 AM
i coud've agreed on everything but "the form is perfect". more like "The form is far from perfect"

yep i've got a better looking swing and i suk at tennis....

Alexandros
09-08-2006, 12:19 AM

Looks count for nothing. Results are everything. Obviously what the top women are using and how they go about it works and is more effective than your 'better looking swing'.

isuk@tennis
09-08-2006, 12:27 AM
i wouldn't rate results higher than my cranial cavity's health or joint's longevity. seeing how some of those better techniques whip around the head and twisting the elbow and such.
but hey to each his own

and by techinque im looking at a textbook swing which some isn't

bluegrasser
09-08-2006, 05:06 AM
After watching the top women pro's at the open,I was wondering why such talented players such as Serena, Jelena, and Golovin play with such powerful tweener frames?

I was wondering if I should start playing with one. Also knowing that there racquets are fully customized as well, but still.

Power Baby ! and if you can control it, all the better..

bsandy
09-08-2006, 06:57 AM

Do you see them preparing late, taking the ball on their back foot, or not moving their feet and pushing the ball long or into the net ?

gb93433
09-08-2006, 07:06 AM

Most models don't play tennis.

isuk@tennis
09-08-2006, 01:41 PM
Do you see them preparing late, taking the ball on their back foot, or not moving their feet and pushing the ball long or into the net ?

yes i do

chungthomas
09-14-2006, 09:56 PM
Well let see you try to get a form like that. In a match, where every shot counts, they just simply don't have the time to setup, the result is often they look as if they do not have perfect form. However, if you give them a floater, and when they hit a winner, often these shots are lined up, timed, and everything setup perfect. A good example would be Jelena Jankovic's backhand in her match against JHH in USO2006 SF. When she had the time to line up her shot, the form is perfect. You look at Sharapova, often time she swings above her head, but in warm up, she has the "normal" swing across the shoulder. So it really depends...

katarddx
09-18-2006, 07:29 PM
Well let see you try to get a form like that. In a match, where every shot counts, they just simply don't have the time to setup, the result is often they look as if they do not have perfect form. However, if you give them a floater, and when they hit a winner, often these shots are lined up, timed, and everything setup perfect. A good example would be Jelena Jankovic's backhand in her match against JHH in USO2006 SF. When she had the time to line up her shot, the form is perfect. You look at Sharapova, often time she swings above her head, but in warm up, she has the "normal" swing across the shoulder. So it really depends...
wanna see it? come to Split and I will show you.

AJK1
09-18-2006, 08:11 PM
If a Pro Female is using a certain racquet, in my definition it is a "Player's Racquet" !! All this player's/tweener's stuff is just crap.

Duzza
09-18-2006, 08:17 PM
If a Pro Female is using a certain racquet, in my definition it is a "Player's Racquet" !! All this player's/tweener's stuff is just crap.
I see your point...but no.

ChipNCharge
09-19-2006, 07:28 AM

There's a Q&A with Serena Williams in this month's issue of TENNIS magazine. The interviewer asked Serena why she uses a game improvement frame. Her response was that she didn't really know why she used that particular racquet, and that she did think the head was too big. She said she's started looking around for something else. She also said she recently hit for a while with her hitting partner's racquet, which apparently was a MP, and she said she really liked it.

ne1410is
09-22-2006, 10:29 PM
yes i do

lol

on a side note, i remember reading that serena and venus were basically looking for the most powerful racket possible. and i also heard that they weren't very equipment savvy (kinda like mary pierce). venus didn't even know the difference between synthetic guy and real guy apparently--at least according to zina garrison.

spicyfruit
09-22-2006, 10:51 PM
I cannot believe that people who post on this site are sad enough to have a signature stating what racqets they use, strings etc.

Come on get a grip everyone that's really sad anoraky behaviour!!

dave333
09-23-2006, 01:47 PM
even some men liek tommy haas and agassi use tweeners, just leaded up a lot.