PDA

View Full Version : Volkl DNX 9 vs. Fischer M-Speed (DNX9, Mspeed)

BDogaroo
09-07-2006, 12:44 PM
I'm a 4.5-5.0 all-courter who's been using the Head TI Classic (old time player's frame, 18x20, heavy, etc.) and want to switch to a lighter though solid racquet that can help produce more creative shots. I've demo'd many and have narrowed the selection down to these two. The weighting of the DNX feels about perfect in my hands and I play quite well with it, though touch and feel may be a bit lacking. On the other hand, the MSpeed is a bit less maneuverable but feel is slightly better. These are both great options. Any input on which to go with would be appreciated.

NoBadMojo
09-07-2006, 12:48 PM
Pick the one you are getting better results with

Hint: Pay attention to what the ball does with both frames on the other side of the shot (after the bounce)

saqdeez
09-07-2006, 12:52 PM
Not sure wha you mean by touch and feel, but i find the dnx9 to be a great touch and finesse racket, especially on volleys and half volleys.

BDogaroo
09-07-2006, 01:08 PM
Thanks for the quick replies. What I mean is that the DNX9 is essentially stiffer - but by no means stiff or unsatisfying - just sturdier than the MSpeed. Touch and feel are sort of deceiving qualities because by the time you "feel" anything, the ball is already gone. It's not like a racquet with supposedly good feel can help you prepare to hit a shot in advance. Focusing on results makes sense. One can enjoy playing with the softest racquet out there but get consistently trounced in part because the shots are too ineffective.

DrewRafter8
09-07-2006, 04:57 PM
NBMJ, have you played with a Fischer M Speed? I'd be curious to see your thoughts. I've decided after playing a series of guys with heavy topspin that it's time for me to follow your advice and go to a larger headsize. I'm going from my Dunlop MW 200G to a 98"-100" frame. I want the extra area so I can brush up on the ball just that extra bit. I'm thinking the flex of the M Speed would greatly appeal to me. Thanks again for all the help!

NoBadMojo
09-07-2006, 05:46 PM
NBMJ, have you played with a Fischer M Speed? I'd be curious to see your thoughts. I've decided after playing a series of guys with heavy topspin that it's time for me to follow your advice and go to a larger headsize. I'm going from my Dunlop MW 200G to a 98"-100" frame. I want the extra area so I can brush up on the ball just that extra bit. I'm thinking the flex of the M Speed would greatly appeal to me. Thanks again for all the help!

No man..that's one frame I've been wanting to hit as I am a big fan of Fischer stuff, but havent had the opp. Your'e making a very logical move..that bit of extra sweetspot can make a big diff. good luck.