PDA

View Full Version : How long before..

Exci
09-07-2006, 01:30 PM
..a racquet snaps after it cracked (a very fine line) from the inside of the throat to both sides of a single beam?

I think it's a crack at least as a paint chip in the shape of a Wilson W on the inside of my beam seems very unlikely (plus the graphite looks damaged, as if it has been cut with a very very fine knife or scalpel even).

Racquet is a babolat Pure Control STD, aprox 3 years old and in a rather used but never truly abused state. It's not overly vibrant, eventhough I have wondered quite some time ago what was wrong with the feeling to it (and noticed a small buzz, but I think that is caused by the strings, as it's definitely not coming from the throat), neither does it Feel like it's going to snap. Can I take it for a new string job or is that most likely going to kill it?

Exci
09-11-2006, 01:40 AM
Hmm, it's getting worse every game, so I'm getting a new one (while still trying to return it eventhough the local babolat rep said they would always find a reason not to replace it, i.e. it hit the ground / another racquet at a doubles game, etc.). Any suggestions for a replacement? Preferably a Babolat, but Head will do too (can't get hold of a Yonex here).

maverick66
09-11-2006, 07:33 AM
ive had many rackets like this. as soon as i went to string it snapped. if u like the racket i would stay with it. also the local babolat rep is kinda wrong. ive broken rackets with abuse and returned it for a full refund on multiple times. maybe i got lucky or the person checking just didnt care but its always worth a try.