PDA

View Full Version : Flexpoint: Like it? yes/no and why?

Ten_is
09-07-2006, 03:30 PM
New Technology by Head obviously is the Flexpoint technology.
What are some of your views and opinions on this? Has anyone played/play with a Flexpoint and do you like it?

AJK1
09-07-2006, 04:16 PM
I own a FXP Radical Team. Even though it seems it's not cool to own a "Team" version of the classics, this is the best racquet i've ever owned, and i've had some good ones over the years. I added lead tape at 3 & 9 positions, and some under the grip and it is the best balanced racquet ever.
I can't really comment on the flexpoints, i don't really think they do anything, but overall it's a great stick. I considered the "Fire" model, but decided I didn't want an extended length racquet.

alcap26
09-07-2006, 07:19 PM
I am going to order a Flexpoint Radical Tour this weekend. I love the feel of the racquet. The 58 stiffness rating and the weight have me in love. It just feels like the racquet cups the ball ever so slightly.

kerplunker
09-07-2006, 08:15 PM
the only models i like are the prestige, fire, and heat... i havent tried any teams yet though

emcee
09-07-2006, 09:40 PM
I don't think the two precisely engineered holes in the frame do anything, but the FXP Radical Team is one sweet stick (especially with lead @ 3,9, and handle).

Steve Huff
09-07-2006, 10:28 PM
I'm with Emcee on this one. If the Flexpoint did anything like their ads showed, the racket would break everytime you hit a ball near the tip of the head. I'v hit with a Flexpoint Rad OS, and it felt fairly stiff, solid and more powerful than the iRadical. So, just because a company's featured technology seems a bit far-fetched, don't discount the playability of it anyway.

AlpineCadet
09-08-2006, 07:35 AM
I own a FXP Radical Team. Even though it seems it's not cool to own a "Team" version of the classics, this is the best racquet i've ever owned, and i've had some good ones over the years. I added lead tape at 3 & 9 positions, and some under the grip and it is the best balanced racquet ever.
I can't really comment on the flexpoints, i don't really think they do anything, but overall it's a great stick. I considered the "Fire" model, but decided I didn't want an extended length racquet.

:confused:

fastdunn
09-08-2006, 11:23 AM
Obviously, I can't see/feel FXP does what it claims to do.

But my FXP Prestige MP does have different vibe from the hoop.

I can also feel it's stiffer on the throat but flexier at the hoop.

And that's about it. And I like the over-all playability of it.

vinnier6
09-08-2006, 02:47 PM
i dont really think it does anything either, but i dont really care as the racquet works for me...

Ten_is
09-08-2006, 03:19 PM
I like the FXP, but can't figure why I can't consistantly hit with it like I did with my old Wilson 95 Staff Series.
It IS a light raquet (10.5 ounces - even balance - 16/20 stringing at 102 sq in.)

Anyone had the experience of not hitting well with a new raquet or switching head sizes to something bigger/smaller?

Starwind
09-08-2006, 09:23 PM
Awful, worthless, gimmicky are words I like to describe it with.

Safina
09-08-2006, 09:50 PM
The FXP Radical Tour was SUCH a great racquet IF it didn't have those dumb holes in it. Sigh....

siber222000
09-08-2006, 11:15 PM
the only models i like are the prestige, fire, and heat... i havent tried any teams yet though
same here.. heat felt very good

Duzza
09-09-2006, 03:45 AM
Don't get me started. Sold mine fortunately.