PDA

View Full Version : O3 Tour and nBlade, or... help

stormholloway
09-07-2006, 02:42 PM
So finding the right stick for me is becoming a problem. I've tried them all it seems. Love the pop of the Pure Drive on serve. Love swinging away with confidence with a Pro Staff, but I need something in between. The PD is just silly to hit groundstrokes with and forget volleys. The Pro Staff (both 85 and black tour 90) is great but a bit hefty as my shoulder has had problems in the past. Plus I have trouble plowing through a flat serve with this stick. I used a PSC stretch recently but talk about a shoulder killer.

So I like the specs on the O3 Tour and nBlade (plus they both look cool IMO). I've heard they both have a muted feel which I don't mind. I love to hit a flat serve with pop. I have a 1HBH and hit with gut. My service motion is rather abbreviated but my strokes are not. I really want something that I can pop a big, flat first serve with. A tweener-player's frame tilting toward player. I'm an all courter. Anyone tried the O3 Tour and/or nBlade and can compare the two? Or perhaps recommend another frame? Slaz X1? Prestige MP? Pro Staff 6.0 95?

Appreciate any help offered cause I own too many racquets. I just want to find one and stick with it.

thbat
09-08-2006, 10:30 AM
I tried the nBalde MP about 2 mths back. Very nice feel and flexible frame. Great from the baseline and you have to supply the power. I could swing all out from both wings with confidence and the balls lands nice and deep. Great stick at net. Loved it best when volleying back hard shots with added interest. :D It took in most (if not all) of the shock, arm and shoulders felt good. It failed me on the serve. For the 2 weeks I tried the frame, my serve did not have its usual pop. Don't know why. Maybe it was the combination of relatively light weight, HL balance and flexible. Lead tapes may solve the issue but I figured the there were more frames out there I can try.

inferno303
09-08-2006, 03:13 PM
well since you mention the pro staff 95 why not go for the ncoded one, the nsix one 95, its killer with a 1hbh. i play a similar style to u and it worked well for me!

travlerajm
09-08-2006, 04:08 PM
I recommend the O3 Tour mid, but not the mp. The O3 Tour mid is a superb groundstroke racquet if you are looking for an unleaded stock frame. It has a great combination of accurate targeting and grippy spin-friendliness. The serve feels a little different that most racquets because it flexes more in the throat but has a relatively stiff hoop, feels like it has a hinge in the throat - but it works nicely once you calibrate your aim. It's nice and crisp on volleys, and very maneuverable for it's weight. A well-balanced frame worth a try.

stormholloway
09-08-2006, 04:18 PM
I tried the nBalde MP about 2 mths back. Very nice feel and flexible frame. Great from the baseline and you have to supply the power. I could swing all out from both wings with confidence and the balls lands nice and deep. Great stick at net. Loved it best when volleying back hard shots with added interest. :D It took in most (if not all) of the shock, arm and shoulders felt good. It failed me on the serve. For the 2 weeks I tried the frame, my serve did not have its usual pop. Don't know why. Maybe it was the combination of relatively light weight, HL balance and flexible. Lead tapes may solve the issue but I figured the there were more frames out there I can try.

What racquet do you usually serve with that gives you your "usual pop"? It seems like a lighter frame should supply some pop on a flat serve ala Pure Drive. Or is the nBlade too flexible?

thbat
09-11-2006, 12:27 PM
What racquet do you usually serve with that gives you your "usual pop"? It seems like a lighter frame should supply some pop on a flat serve ala Pure Drive. Or is the nBlade too flexible?

My current racquet is a Prince Shark Hybrid MP. A great racquet from the baseline but just does not fell as good from net. I had tired the older PD (w/o the cortex). Huge serves and thats it. Can't keep any balls in and way too stiff.

I do not think the Blade is too flexible. Actually liked the feel very much and it is one of my top choice at this time. I think it just need a little more weight. But before doing that, I plan to try out a few other frames and see if others may fit me better.