PDA

View Full Version : Tennis Books?

Ball_boy
09-08-2006, 12:44 AM
Are there any good tennis books to learn better form and whats grip to use for what? Maybe tennis Strategies and basics to get somebody going? I'm to poor at the molment for lessons and to busy with school. Also im kinda shy with people i dont know so i can't just asked some good tennis player to help me randomly...haha.Just wondering. Maybe like a Video? i understand that it will not me to much to read or watch a video about form since i would have anyone to tell me it looked good but i just wanna try. I went to boarders and found alot of tennis books but didnt know which ones would actaully help me more. Any suggestions of books? or anything else that might help.

hipster
09-08-2006, 02:07 PM
The one book that really helped me so far was "Winning Ugly" by Brad Gilbert. A lot of strategy/ preparation tips. I'm just getting into "The Inner Game of Tennis" by Timothy Gallwey, it's the mental game and it seems pretty good too.

Bagumbawalla
09-08-2006, 03:50 PM
Stop by your local library. Tell them what you need. They should be able to find you six or ten choices.

Good luck,

B

Ball_boy
09-09-2006, 09:52 PM
Thanks guys. i'll go look into those books.