PDA

View Full Version : Babolat Racquets

oray777
09-08-2006, 09:59 AM
I'm looking to get a Babolat racquet. Does anyone use these and can you recommend me a racquet that has alot of power for groundstokes?

Tezuka Kunimitsu
09-08-2006, 10:21 AM
well you need to put more information about a racquet you are looking for, not just power...though

the Babolat Pure Storm Team is my favorite babolat racquet. (I love babolat's power, but stiffiness gave me tennis elbow) This racquet has decent stiffiness and power is nice, spin is nice. I racquet of choice from babolat.

~Joe

onkystomper
09-08-2006, 11:47 AM
Power is nothing without control

However the Pure drive or Pure drive Roddick has bags of power

Marius_Hancu
09-08-2006, 11:50 AM
Too stiff ... many have reported arm problems.

See:
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=115927
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=27161
--------
FWIW
check my posting here:

Best arm friendly racquets?
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=77937

onkystomper
09-08-2006, 01:53 PM
dude he did not ask for an arm friendly racket. he asked for a powerful babolat

oray777
09-08-2006, 03:52 PM
Okay i got my answer but i'm not too keen on the "not arm friendly" thing. Are all stiff racquets not arm friendly? I'm old in my age in my 30's so i definitely need something that's easy on the arm but has good power and spin potential. Thanks.:)

kb1hxj
09-08-2006, 06:32 PM
im using the babolat pd + and i just love it. It gives you alot of power so you dont have to swing really hard to get alot of power. Also spin comes easily. And your serve will increase in spead at least 5 -10 mph. Although the draw back is the stiffness which results in tennis elbow. Lucky for me I have more trouble with my back than with my arm so it doesnt really affect me. Also if you are big on controll then you probably want to stay clear of the pd's. My main suggestion is however, is to demo the aero, pd, and pc and decide for yourself. All of us can tell you that the babolats are gods gift to tennis player but you could still hate them. Good luck with your search!

Safina
09-08-2006, 08:54 PM
I'd double bagel Hancu with my AeroPro Drive.... or my old Pure Drives.

These racquets rock with the right string and tension.

siber222000
09-08-2006, 09:38 PM
try pure drive standard.. some people say cortex technology is a bs technology, but it's not.. it really works

Morrissey
09-08-2006, 09:40 PM
Okay i got my answer but i'm not too keen on the "not arm friendly" thing. Are all stiff racquets not arm friendly? I'm old in my age in my 30's so i definitely need something that's easy on the arm but has good power and spin potential. Thanks.:)

I'd go with either the Pure Drive Team or Pure Drive Team Roddick. The Roddick one has more weight to it. Whichever you prefer. I've been playing with Babolat since 1999 and I haven't had any arm problems period. If you ever do, string your racquet lower. But really, the woofer takes away the shock to your arm in my opinion. I used to have arm problems with Wilson, they made stiff racuets with no power and that did me in. The power in the Babolat ease the pressure of my arm because it does most the power for me.

int3rsc0p3
09-08-2006, 10:07 PM
I think Babolat makes so good sticks, however, they do tend to be stiff and that trait can be a problem for some people. That being said, I am using a Pure Drive Roddick, and have not had any problems. The roddick is more stable than the team version, and The cortex definately gives a different feel. But because of their stiffness, I would demo Babolats before purchasing them, so that one does not end up with regretted arm pain.

oray777
09-08-2006, 10:19 PM
Well i'm on the demo program at 2 shops close to where i live so i'll check em' out and see what the have to offer for me. What if i keep the tension on the low side and get a good vibration dampener? I think this racquet is for me. Thanks.