PDA

View Full Version : Leather grip + Overgrip? Will i get Blisters?

Lloyd Barcenilla
09-08-2006, 04:58 PM
I would like to feel the bevels more on my racket, i might try a leather grip with an overgrip, will i get Blisters?

I ordered my 30 pack of wilson overgrips for 20 in UK!!! bargain
Im looking at leathers now

Cruzer
09-08-2006, 05:02 PM
I have using a leather grip with an overgrip for a several years and have never developed any blisters.

BigServer1
09-08-2006, 06:58 PM
I love the feeling of my leather grip with an overgrip. It's wayyyy better than synthetics.

RM05
09-16-2006, 02:08 AM
I've been using a babolat leather grip with a tourna overgrip and i've been getting some pretty bad blisters on the side of my thumb.

Duzza
09-16-2006, 02:34 AM
I would like to feel the bevels more on my racket, i might try a leather grip with an overgrip, will i get Blisters?

I ordered my 30 pack of wilson overgrips for 20 in UK!!! bargain
Im looking at leathers now
Just use leather, no overgrip. I love it. I'm like the only junior that does.

snoflewis
09-16-2006, 12:10 PM

i just love the fact how people think they're the only ones to do something.

anyway, to the OP, if you don't get blisters using overgrips, you shouldnt have a problem w/ the leather under it. it just makes the grip firmer and makes the bevels sharper.

Nextman916
09-16-2006, 01:16 PM
I know 4 people off the top of my head that use leather grips, at my club(all juniors too). Some got influenced by their dads and older guys who like the classic feel, others maybe copying the pros. Not sayin they dont wrap an overgrip around occasionally but ive seen them playing just rawhide quite a few times. Heck im a junior and ive had 2 leather grips in the past!