PDA

View Full Version : Original Agassi Radical OS now available for pre-order

BaseLineBash
09-08-2006, 04:46 PM
I guess some of you guys were right, if HEAD is telling the truth in the description, it says "Exact replica of the racquet Agassi used in '93", that would probably mean, he has always used this racquet with slight mods. COOL!

ace of spades
09-08-2006, 04:54 PM
cool specs. anyone think that this could be Heads best os players racket?

mileslong
09-08-2006, 05:03 PM
has anyone on the board ever hit this thing? ihave never hit a racket over 100" and doubt i will but i would like it to hit a bit at least...

BaseLineBash
09-08-2006, 05:08 PM
I would love to hit with this racquet as I have always used an OS. I talked to a Head rep/tennis pro and he said he had some from 1993 and he would sell one to me after he found them, I see him this coming tuesday and maybe he'll have them.

tarheels2323
09-08-2006, 05:24 PM
Man, I want this racquet so bad but I don't have the money. :mad: Not to play with, of course, but a momento from the days of tennis as it was when I was growing up.

tennis-skater
09-08-2006, 05:27 PM
im gunna sell my psp to buy this i mean only 5000 made i think it'll be a pretty good investment. i wish they made more so i could actually hit with it but im not that stupid lol

TnTBigman
09-08-2006, 05:29 PM
i loved this racquet as a junior. no harsh vibrations when striking the ball. a very dampened but definetly not dull or absence of feel when hitting with this racquet. As I moved on to the Ti.Rad, my pops gave it away to an up to my friend who was an coming tennis junior. It broke. Still a little ****ed that pops would give away MY fav racquet. Right now I can't believe I'm REALLY considering shelling out 179 for re-issued collectors version. I just might buy it, but not to play with. Anyone else considering buying it?

Steven87
09-08-2006, 05:32 PM
I wanna play with it...thats what a racquet is for.

Duzza
09-08-2006, 05:33 PM
Are people actually gonna play with it? I think i would, looks great specs, they made it based on the POG didn't they? Lame how they have all the slams he won though.

Z-Man
09-08-2006, 05:35 PM
Interesting--the specs are identical to the latest incarnation of the POG OS.

BaseLineBash
09-08-2006, 05:41 PM
What the hell, I just checked the POG OS specs, when did they go from 9 to 5pts. headlight? My POS OSes are 9pts.

vinnier6
09-08-2006, 05:54 PM
i believe that head could make whatever they wanted to and painted it to look like whatever they wanted it to look like and tell you agassi played with the exact same racquet and some people would believe it...its a nice racquet paint job and all, but i doubt its the same racquet that was produced back in 93 let alone the same racquet andre used...

Ronny
09-08-2006, 07:36 PM
This is the only racquet Agassi has been using since 1993. The pj's of the lm and flexpoint is this racquet underneath. I know this as my coach and a Head rep had told me about this last year.

Brent Pederson
09-08-2006, 07:36 PM
I have one of the originals, it plays great of course, like an OS version of the pro tour 280. Big 5 sold thousands of them for 49 bucks a piece for years after they were discontinued. Same with the 280.

Besides the cool factor, it's a very nice playing racket, much better than the current flexpoint OS. More stable, less vibration, more crisp.

BaseLineBash
09-08-2006, 07:59 PM
Hey Z-Man, what were the specs on the POG OS in '86?

BreakPoint
09-08-2006, 09:07 PM
This is the only racquet Agassi has been using since 1993. The pj's of the lm and flexpoint is this racquet underneath. I know this as my coach and a Head rep had told me about this last year.

I'm pretty sure that's true as well. At least we know he's never used a real Ti nor i nor LM nor FXP Radical.

Tezuka Kunimitsu
09-08-2006, 09:16 PM
I just baught one!! I am never going to play with it. I am so excited.

~Joe

BaseLineBash
09-08-2006, 09:23 PM
I just baught one!! I am never going to play with it. I am so excited.

~Joe
Hell I'd play with it too! I really the like stock specs. I think it's a funny notion to sell TENNIS PLAYERS a FAMOUS PLAYERS stick and some posters on here think they'll just put it up on the wall or keep it mint and never play with just because it's a special limited release....yeah right, everyone in here that says that crap will be like an ex-alcoholic walking by or looking at an 8 finger stacked glass of high dollar irish bourbon on the rocks everyday.lol

Tezuka Kunimitsu
09-08-2006, 09:28 PM
Hell I'd play with it too! I really the like stock specs. I think it's a funny notion to sell TENNIS PLAYERS a FAMOUS PLAYERS stick and some posters on here think they'll just put it up on the wall or keep it mint and never play with just because it's a special limited release....yeah right, everyone in here that says that crap will be like an ex-alcoholic walking by or looking at an 8 finger stacked glass of high dollar irish bourbon on the rocks everyday.lol

well, for now I do not want to play with it. Only time will tell if my mind changes.

~Joe

TLM_01
09-08-2006, 11:08 PM
Ha....I'm going to buy it and play with it.....I love that monster swingweight.....

Richie Rich
09-09-2006, 03:31 AM
didn't agassi use some weird string pattern on his frames? i remember it being way more dense than 16x19. 18x21 comes to mind but can't remember exactly. i also think at the time he used kevlar/gut hybrid. too bad head couldn't release that version to make it as authentic as possible.

Forehand Forever
09-09-2006, 04:46 AM
I want one of these. Maybe to try and play with or maybe just to hang up on my wall.

lelopez
09-09-2006, 05:12 AM
Hey Z-Man, what were the specs on the POG OS in '86?

The POG of '86 does have the same specs, except for the 19mm width beam compared to the 21mm beam of the head racquet. I believe this is the racquet that Head gave Agassi that was as close to what he was used to playing with (POG and then the Donnay Pro One). In my opinion, throughout his career he's used a racquet that was identical or very very close to the POG he used in his early days.

I have one of these Head racquets that I purchased back in the day. Compared to my POG, at least to me, they play almost the same.

L.

Sinner
09-09-2006, 05:56 AM
Just out of curiosity, does anyone know if the specs for the Ltd version is exactly the same as the one they released in '93...?

and are there any legal reasons that prevent Head from including Wimb. 92 on the racket, or is it simply because he used the Pro-One?

thomas martinez
09-09-2006, 05:57 AM
He did use a 20 x 21 pattern for a spell. Well, a good number of years. It was with the Ti cosmetic that he went back to the 18 x 19 pattern. he's also tinkered with 16 x 19 pattern Head frames along with prototypes and more recenly smaller head versions of his frame, a Prestige 660 back in 03 I believe and the Instinct in the last year or so.

Dan007
09-09-2006, 07:05 AM
I'm planning to get one, but are you guys going to keep it as a collection or actually hit with it?

vinnier6
09-09-2006, 08:32 AM

oh boy do you have a lot to learn....both your coach and the head rep are complete idiots....

frekcles
09-09-2006, 10:18 AM
Take out the signature and all the fancy writing and it looks similar to a stock Radical right?

I'd play with it too if I bought one. But first I'd wrap the hoop with some head tape (or saran wrap):)

BaseLineBash
09-09-2006, 10:22 AM
Take out the signature and all the fancy writing and it looks similar to a stock Radical right?

I'd play with it too if I bought one. But first I'd wrap the hoop with some head tape (or saran wrap):)
Haha saran warap.;)

Nar57981
09-09-2006, 10:37 AM
I found an origonal one over at my Uncle's house.....but a dog got it. Think i should try to replace the grip and sand the grip smooth? (bite marks everywhere on the grip ><)

Z-Man
09-09-2006, 10:41 AM
What the hell, I just checked the POG OS specs, when did they go from 9 to 5pts. headlight? My POS OSes are 9pts.

Yes--your POGs might be 9pts if they are a little older, but the latest batch TW has been selling are 4-5pts HL. At first, I complained and wanted to send one back thinking I got a bad one, but that's how they were made. Finally, they changed the specs to reflect the actual balance.

I'm guessing Prince still makes them for some pros and serious players, and most were adding some lead to the head anyway, so they just started adding it in the manufacturing process.

Interestingly, the latest POGs have the same stats as an 80s POG if you put some lead on the head. And wasn't that what AA was using before he switched to Head? I'm thinking this special edition Radical would play a lot like these new, less headlight POGs. It's a great racquet. Beefy, but very solid.

KFwinds
09-09-2006, 11:19 AM
IF I buy one... heck yeah, I'd play with it! I noticed they are pre-strung with their crappy Head string; I'll have to restring first ;)

Agassi4Ever
09-09-2006, 01:12 PM
Just came across this racket and was very interested in puurchasing it. However, I'm a bit concerned about the specs. I checked out this same racket on another site (M i d w e s t s p o r t s .com) and the specs they have listed for this racket a quite different. Has anyone else noticed this yet and if so, which site am I to believe and which specs are the real ones? Can anyone please check this out and get back to me cause I'm interested in this racket very much ( at least the specs from TW).

Here are the MW specs:
Headsize: 107 sq. in.
Length: 27.00 in.
Weight (strung): 11.80 oz. (TW has it listed at 12.20 oz.)
Stiffness (Babolat RDC): 61 (TW has it listed at 63)
Balance: 12.20 in. Head Light
Cross Section: 20mm Straight Beam (TW has it listed at 21mm)
Swingweight: 325 kg*sq. cm (TW has it listed at 344)
String Pattern: 18x19
Grip: Head Agassi Pro Overgrip
String: Head Ultra Tour 16

TN1
09-09-2006, 01:18 PM
The stiffness of the Ltd Edition seems quite high for an OS. Anybody else think this? Also, anybody know if this version will contain Twaron? DId the original edition have Twaron though. I thought they orginially did.

I am just asking though. If I bought it I am sure I wouldn't play with the racquet. I'd just add it to my collection of Head racquets.

thevillageidiot
09-09-2006, 02:28 PM
i think it's pretty funny that they include a tied rubber band.
completes the effect i suppose.

JerodT
09-09-2006, 06:56 PM
I pre-ordered 2, one to hit and the other for my wall. I'm curious as to how it will play weighted. I played with the Radical Tysis 260 TwinTube (grey/white/yellow). The racquet he used in 95. I let a high school buddy use one last year and he "lost" it. Had the sticks for about 10 years and loose one to my best friend from high school??? Go figure. For some reason, I can't find the other Head's I had back then.

Ronaldo
09-10-2006, 09:21 AM
Anyone notice the auction for a NEW Trisys 260 Radical that ends today? High bid is $960 with an hour to go.

scotus
09-10-2006, 12:20 PM
I have the old Radical OS that looks exactly the same except for the autograph and slam records. Do you think the specs would be the same, or is mine a lighter version?

tandayu
09-10-2006, 12:23 PM
Anyone notice the auction for a NEW Trisys 260 Radical that ends today? High bid is $960 with an hour to go.

$960 for a Chinese made Radical TOur that was sold at BIg5. Sonething funny about the bid, He could have bought the other one on *** for $400 with Agassi signature, leather grip, and made in Austria

Ronaldo
09-10-2006, 01:46 PM
$960 for a Chinese made Radical TOur that was sold at BIg5. Sonething funny about the bid, He could have bought the other one on *** for $400 with Agassi signature, leather grip, and made in Austria
Winning bid was $1025. Told my wifey that I had three identical sticks in our basement. Please bid soon, bid often.

BaseLineBash
09-10-2006, 02:52 PM
I have the old Radical OS that looks exactly the same except for the autograph and slam records. Do you think the specs would be the same, or is mine a lighter version?
I would imagine they'd be the same minus the china part.

Ronaldo
09-10-2006, 05:32 PM
My Radical OS strung weigh 12 oz.

djones
09-11-2006, 11:47 PM
I didn't know that racquet was 63 on the stiffness measure machine!

armand
09-12-2006, 05:24 AM
I didn't know that racquet was 63 on the stiffness measure machine!Yes you did, you just didn't want to believe it.

progman_2000
09-14-2006, 05:46 AM
Just curious to see if anyone else has re-ordered this - I am seriously thinking about it, if I can justify blowing the $$$ on nothing more than a whim. I play with a POG OS so at least it is similar spec-wise. I am assuming if you pre-order your credit card is not charged until it ships?

Safina
09-14-2006, 10:53 AM
Too Late!!

I have pre-ordered all 5,000 of them! It was worth it for this historic frame!

:confused: :rolleyes:

evh5150
10-13-2006, 05:08 AM
I've noticed that the commercial head of the time was different to this one. Take a look at this pictures of the commercial radicaltour:
http://cgi.eb*y.it/New-Head-Radical-Tour-OS-4-1-4-Agassi-Tennis-Racquet_W0QQitemZ120040605039QQihZ002QQcategoryZ22 714QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem (remove the *)

also this one:
http://www.woodtennis.com/agassi/radicalTour.jpg

and this one of the limited edition:

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/viewlarge.html?PCODE=AGRAD

As you can see, the limited edition has got an heart which is shorter and wider, wile the commercial one has got an heart longer and less wide.

Do you agree with me?
I still think that anyone has played with an Andre Agassi racket (except the people who use a pog)