PDA

View Full Version : i finally got to hit with the babolat pure drive roddick!!

tennis91
09-08-2006, 09:03 PM
i just played with this racquet about 1 hr ago and now i see it has good power compared to the other racquet i demoed (babolat pure drive team) which was weaker than my previous racquet. I played pretty intensivly for about 2 and a half hours. And my shoulder or arm started gettting tired but the weight wasnt as heavy as i thought. But my other racquet was really light so is it just that my arm is getting used to the racquet? Or does this mean its too heavy?

You cannot be serious !!!
09-09-2006, 02:53 AM
I've demoed this frame too, and after the 2nd day my elbow started hurting. Apparently its tough on the arm/shoulder because its pretty stiff. And it wasn't the strings too - it was strung with a soft multi

Noveson
09-09-2006, 06:47 PM
I've played quite a bit with the new PD, and have had no arm problems at all. I love this stick. Maybe the Cortex actually does something, because it feels very nice.

tennis91
09-09-2006, 07:05 PM
yeah the cortex is nice.

Richie Rich
09-10-2006, 05:32 AM
you probably just need to get used to the weight of the PDR. strung it's close to 12 oz. quite a big jump from what you were probably using before.

tiredness is ok - just don't ignore elbow pain or shoulder pain with this racquet.

btw what did you string it with?

Noveson
09-10-2006, 07:34 PM
Wow after hitting with the aero pro it doesn't feel so nice anymore. The apd had a nice pop sound and feel why the pd felt just soft. Is this string tension or what because I thought the apd is supposed to have more power.

JerodT
09-10-2006, 08:23 PM
String it with Pro Hurricane Tour in the high-50's, very nice feel.