PDA

View Full Version : Head Classic Mid

Vixenbergen
09-09-2006, 07:03 AM
I think this is part of the prestige family, but I'm not sure.

Anyway, as of now it has a swing weight about about 330, I wanted it to get to above 350 or 360, like the pros. Where would I got about putting lead tape, and how much?

Ryoma Kun
09-09-2006, 10:27 AM
put 6 grams of lead on each side of the 3 and 9

Frankc
09-09-2006, 02:09 PM
Great frame... Many past posts have concentrated on the throat or at 3 & 9. If you have a scale and measure the balance, you can add to fit your feel.
I have played theat frame from stock up to 14.1 ounces with various balance points. I am happiest adding some weight to the handle area and a bit more to the head. If you just want to add a bit of tape, most would start with strips at 3&9 and perhaops some at the throat balance point.
Hope this helps.

hummer23
09-09-2006, 05:01 PM
I think this is part of the prestige family, but I'm not sure.

Anyway, as of now it has a swing weight about about 330, I wanted it to get to above 350 or 360, like the pros. Where would I got about putting lead tape, and how much?

it is indeed a part of the prestige familoy, almost identical to the prestige classic mid, but it was made when the name prestige was lisenced to wilson onyl, so they couldnt call it that. AS for the swingweight, just becasue the pros tend to have high scinmg weights doesnt mean you should. It will be hard to play with and hard to control when its that heavy swinging, make sure you are strong enough. if you are, a strip of lead that runs the leanth from 3 to 12 to 9, will raise that swingweight and make the top of the hoop more solid.

Blank
10-23-2007, 01:05 AM
it is indeed a part of the prestige familoy, almost identical to the prestige classic mid, but it was made when the name prestige was lisenced to wilson onyl, so they couldnt call it that. AS for the swingweight, just becasue the pros tend to have high scinmg weights doesnt mean you should. It will be hard to play with and hard to control when its that heavy swinging, make sure you are strong enough. if you are, a strip of lead that runs the leanth from 3 to 12 to 9, will raise that swingweight and make the top of the hoop more solid.

In terms of specs, is there any difference to the Prestige Classic 600?

Is this the US version of Head Prestige Classic 600?

keithchircop
10-23-2007, 04:04 AM
Visit the racquet finder of tennis.com and note the differences between the PC600, the Classic Mid, and the Tour 300 (suspension grip).

MichaelChang
10-23-2007, 04:37 AM
Visit the racquet finder of tennis.com and note the differences between the PC600, the Classic Mid, and the Tour 300 (suspension grip).

thank you. from there, the Classic Mid and PC600 do look like totoally different frames. though many people been saying they are the same.:confused:

keithchircop
10-23-2007, 06:01 AM
thank you. from there, the Classic Mid and PC600 do look like totoally different frames. though many people been saying they are the same.:confused:

Those 2 are pretty similar. But there are some misconceptions around here. For example, everybody says my stick, the Prestige Tour 600 (aka Tour 300 aka Trisys 300) is the same as a PC600 but with suspension grip, when in fact it is VERY different. It is 4 pts more headlight for starters - the USRSA specs are correct, I checked. According to those specs, the swingweight is also lower by 12pts. It does feel a little easier to swing, but unfortunately I don't have access to swingweight and flex testing machines. It should also be 0.2 oz lighter but you know Head's quality control...

The USRSA specs are much more trust worthy than TW's.