PDA

View Full Version : more power for a 2hbh

retroceso
09-09-2006, 09:21 AM
lately i havent been able to any power on my backhand. does anyone have any advice on getting for power on youre 2hbh???? thnaks
also id like to model my bachand like Agassi =)

JCo872
09-09-2006, 05:30 PM
Watch how Andre extends his arm through the shot. His arm is almost completely straight in front of him after driving through the ball. Extension = power on the two hander:
http://www.hi-techtennis.com/twohander/videos/agassi/index.php

Jeff

looseswing
09-09-2006, 05:33 PM
I agree with what JCO said, and in addition to that I find that timing (hitting out front) really makes a big difference in regards to hitting harder.

retroceso
09-09-2006, 06:52 PM
alright ill try to striaghten out my arm. since im a lefty i should striaght out my left hand right? and keep my right arm tucked in?

nadalito92
09-09-2006, 07:01 PM
i have the same problem, i was thinking about switching to 1hbh

nadalito92
09-09-2006, 07:06 PM
Hey JCO i think this may be of topic but, remember u posteda forehand video? the nadal one, i was wondering if you could post one but from the side that way i can fix my forehand cause i feel that im doing something wrong

thx btw

JCo872
09-09-2006, 07:26 PM
Hey JCO i think this may be of topic but, remember u posteda forehand video? the nadal one, i was wondering if you could post one but from the side that way i can fix my forehand cause i feel that im doing something wrong

thx btw

Try this one:
http://www.hi-techtennis.com/forehand/videos/nadal_sample.php

nadalito92
09-09-2006, 07:31 PM
Oh My God thank you so much man, you are one of the nicest person i have ever seen on these forums, actually the nicest ^^ thank you so much man, and may the spin be with you, lol i was kinda inspired.

JCo872
09-09-2006, 07:39 PM
Oh My God thank you so much man, you are one of the nicest person i have ever seen on these forums, actually the nicest ^^ thank you so much man, and may the spin be with you, lol i was kinda inspired.

Glad to help. I'll tell you what. I actually just made all my Nadal videos available on that link. I will only leave them up for a day, because they are for paid members. But I'll let you check them out.

Remember the keys to the forehand. First you have to pull the butt of the racket to the ball starting from behind your body. Second, you can't move your elbow as you pull to the ball. Leave it still. Some players have a straighter arm, some are bent at the elbow. Whichever you use, just keep the elbow angle intact as you pull all the way to the ball. Now watch how Nadal's wrist stays back as he pushes and lifts through contact. You can see it best on the "side" video. Finally, when you finish the stroke make sure your elbow is pointing to the net and that your elbow is out in front of your body. Also the butt of the racket should be facing the net as well. This is a result of lifting through contact and turning over.

Good luck man. I like your enthusiasm.

Jeff

nadalito92
09-09-2006, 08:15 PM
cool, i didint know about the elbow thing, thanks once again, how do i check the other videos? just press the ffw button?

nvm i see the links now

nadalito92
09-09-2006, 08:24 PM
i was wondering, when i pull the but cap should i leave it like that the whole stroke or should i move it forward before i hit the ball?

JCo872
09-10-2006, 05:32 AM
i was wondering, when i pull the but cap should i leave it like that the whole stroke or should i move it forward before i hit the ball?

Nadalito92,

Email me. I have something to show you.
mail@hi-techtennis.com

Jeff

nadalito92
09-10-2006, 09:31 AM
ok. thanks, do you have msn messenger?