PDA

View Full Version : entering a tournament oncei heal advice plz

mahouFuji
09-09-2006, 11:41 AM
umm after my hand heals from my surgery prolly in 1 more week imma enter a upcoming tournament but.... ive been changing everything about my style of play except my forehand... i switch from 2 handed backhand to one and continental backhand to semi eastern so i might have kinda a hard time..... especially since ive been outta tennis for like 3weeks plz gimme advice

Bagumbawalla
09-09-2006, 02:32 PM
Need more info. What hand do you hold the racket with? Which hand was injured and how/to what extent. What level do you play at? Have you been running/staying in shape? What is your style of play? How has this affected you?

andyroddick's mojo
09-09-2006, 02:58 PM
hey, you live in honolulu hawaii? are you ranked in the state? play tennis for school?

mahouFuji
09-09-2006, 03:15 PM
hey, you live in honolulu hawaii? are you ranked in the state? play tennis for school?

no im not ranked yet and yea i play for school whu're u?? and im right handed and my rights injured

AngeloDS
09-09-2006, 04:23 PM
You really need to plan things ahead; don't go on a whim (if you're serious about it). If you're going to enter a tournament be sure to prepare for it way before. Physically, mentally and technique-wise.

All you can really do is just play how you play. You have nothing to lose really so there shouldn't be any pressure.

For me, I plan a tournament 2-3 weeks in advance and eat right, hit about 3-4 hours a day and make my day a schedule. Hit from this time to this time, eat at this time, work out at this time, sleep at this time, wake up at this time etc.

Bagumbawalla
09-09-2006, 07:57 PM
Well, based on the limited information. I would say, if you feel ready/ fit enough to play the tournament, you should use it as a king of practice session to test your new style of play. Just see how you do and make adjustments from there.

Being off for a while and having a bad hand, I wouldn't think you should expect too much-- but you never know. If you are otherwise in good shape and your new style works out, anything might happen.

Good luck,

B

andyroddick's mojo
09-09-2006, 08:27 PM
i go to iolani, what school do you play for?

mahouFuji
09-11-2006, 03:49 PM
well i might have to go back to two handed if they start hitting it seriously at me..... btw im totally in shape i ran my recent mile in 5:35 and i do a lot of physical training and iolani kid are u marco?