PDA

View Full Version : Leather grips +Overgrips HELP

GregoryB
03-06-2004, 06:40 PM
ok right now i am using a head i prestige midplus racket with a synthetic grip, no overgrip.

i always liked overgrips but found it built up my grip too much and rounded it too much. Now i heard using a leather grip with an overgrip that you will still feel the bevels.

What is the thinnest leather grip with the most feel?
and which is the thinnest overgrip?
btw i used to use the wilson overgrips
thx

GregoryB
03-06-2004, 07:52 PM
I was thinking of using the Babolat leather grip with the babolat vs original overgrip (black color)

would it be as thin as playing with only a replacement grip and would i feel the bevels

Grimjack
03-07-2004, 06:15 PM
Having tried both the Volkl and Babolat leather grips TW sells, I didn't find much difference in their bevel-retaining abilities. They seem to be of about equal weight and thickness, as far as I can tell.

The Volkl feels a little softer -- more pliable -- than the Bab. And of course, if color is a concern, the Volkl is a reddish-brown, while the Bab is a light, almost yellowish tan.

The thinnest overgrip I've run across is the Gamma 2. (Sold here under the "tacky" heading.) I prefer a thicker, plusher overgrip. Bought the Gamma 2 once on a whim, and found it WAAAAY too thin for my liking. I typically use Wilson Pro's, or Yonex Supergraps. So for reference, G2 is at least considerably thinner than those.

GregoryB
03-07-2004, 08:42 PM
what about the babalot overgrip original

Grimjack
03-08-2004, 02:49 PM
what about the babalot overgrip original

Sorry, can't help ya. The only Bab overgrip I've used is the Symbio, which fits more in the "plush" category.

nn
03-08-2004, 06:51 PM
babalot overgrip original is thinner. It will solve your problem. buy it. I have used all overgrip on market.

GregoryB
03-08-2004, 07:55 PM
white or black

GregoryB
03-08-2004, 11:13 PM
what kind of overgrip does hewitt use, or no overgrip?

babar
03-10-2004, 05:14 AM
I have found the Wilson leather to be quite soft and not as bulky as the Babolat or Gamma leather grips. In terms of overgrips, I think the Gamma Grip 2 or the Wilson Cushion-Aire Super Tack overgrips are the thinnest. I use Wilson Cushion-Aire Super Tack and Wilson leather on my Surge 5.1. I can feel the bevels better than with a cushioned grip.

James Brown
03-14-2004, 05:20 PM
the babolat overgrips suck pretty bad compared to the leading grips (tourna,wilson pro,supergrap,etc) but it is really thin. you sure an overgrip makes that much of a difference? personally i dont feel the difference... hrmm