PDA

View Full Version : Babolat Pure Storm or Pure Control?

abdjeter2
09-09-2006, 06:20 PM
I am trying to decide between the Babolat pure Storm and the Babolat Pure Control. Any advice on which one i should choose?

NYCEnglish
09-09-2006, 07:32 PM
I am trying to decide between the Babolat pure Storm and the Babolat Pure Control. Any advice on which one i should choose?

I think it would help if you gave us more info about your playing style, level, age etc.

Bottle Rocket
09-09-2006, 08:50 PM
If you can handle a fairly weighty racket and it doesn't slow you down the slightest bit, go for the Pure Control. In all other cases, go for the Storm.

donnyz89
09-09-2006, 08:51 PM
with what info we have, I would say pure storm. I mean, "storm" is just that much cooler. if the racquet was painted with lighting and a cloud on the 12o'clock, that would do it for me.

seriously, I played with the storm for a year+ and loved it, great tweener/players racquet. Flexy. PC is very stiff.

nasri_babolat_storm
09-09-2006, 09:50 PM
pure storm team with 8g at 3 and 9 oclock and 6 grams in the handle..12 oz of pure beauty and solidity..i use the pure storm..

SydneyJim
09-09-2006, 09:56 PM
if you don't have an arm, use the storm...

FD3S
09-09-2006, 10:44 PM
Pre-Woofer PC or current PC? I heard there's a fairly major difference...

saqdeez
09-09-2006, 11:47 PM
if the storm is a tweener why do some notable pros use it

donnyz89
09-10-2006, 06:30 AM
if the storm is a tweener why do some notable pros use it

they are not the 11 oz stock version we have. all pros customize their racquet to their liking.

ollinger
09-10-2006, 08:39 AM
Every 11 ounce racquet I've ever used has a feel and playability completely different from every (nearly) 12 ounce racquet I've ever used. You need to decide which of those camps suits you.
________
PRILOSEC SETTLEMENT INFORMATION (http://www.classactionsettlements.org/lawsuit/prilosec/)

ace of spades
09-10-2006, 09:50 AM
But the pure storm I feel plays like a heavier racket.

Bottle Rocket
09-10-2006, 10:39 AM
Just something to add, my Pure Storm with strings, two overgrips, and a dampener, weighs in at 11.75 ounces.

jmsx521
09-10-2006, 11:18 AM
As per another poster, there will be a new line of Pure Storm rackets (with cortex) soon, so you might want to wait before you buy. I certainly am waiting.

Richie Rich
09-10-2006, 11:38 AM
for what it's worth, i have seen more pure storms sent to babolat for warranty claims than the pure control. the storms seem to crack at the top of the head or the throat. keep in mind this is just what i've seen and is not likely representative of all storms. maybe it's because the storm is lighter than the PC? not sure. it might be the storm is used by younger users who are less "careful" with their frames and more apt to throw them?

anyway, the 2 frames do play differently so if you can demo them both.....

boojay
09-10-2006, 12:00 PM
i've never had the chance to play with the storm, but i used to play w/ the pure control and i can tell you it was awesome!

Exci
09-11-2006, 02:45 AM
for what it's worth, i have seen more pure storms sent to babolat for warranty claims than the pure control. the storms seem to crack at the top of the head or the throat. keep in mind this is just what i've seen and is not likely representative of all storms. maybe it's because the storm is lighter than the PC? not sure. it might be the storm is used by younger users who are less "careful" with their frames and more apt to throw them?

anyway, the 2 frames do play differently so if you can demo them both.....

My PC just cracked at the throat, so it goes either way. I would say the PC is prone to cracking because it's very stiff. I'm looking for a replacement now, but might want to try a somewhat lighter stick now. The Pure Storm looks like a decent replacement for it, but I read in this thread that the PC is stiffer? Noticably stiffer (as I really liked the power on demand with the PC) than the storm or just a bit?

onkystomper
09-11-2006, 06:17 AM
i bought 3 new pure storms. i hoiut 15 -20 shots with the first one and it snapped in half. they all got sent back. a real shame as i liked the storm a lot. after 4 months demoing i had settled for it and now back to the drawing board!!!

donnyz89
09-15-2006, 09:08 PM
i bought 3 new pure storms. i hoiut 15 -20 shots with the first one and it snapped in half. they all got sent back. a real shame as i liked the storm a lot. after 4 months demoing i had settled for it and now back to the drawing board!!!

wow... i owned 2 purestorms, one cracked because i slammed it on the ground though. but I heard one of my coaches tell me that he heard a lot of cracked purestorm incidents, wierd... it is a solid stick though but i guess not everything is perfect.