PDA

View Full Version : Just got my demos

Noveson
09-09-2006, 06:42 PM
Yesterday I got my Babolat Pure Drive Cortex, Prince 03 Hyrbrid Hornet, and Volkl Dnx 8 demos. I was pretty excited and went out with my basket and hit some serves. The volkl was definitely my least favorite. It felt way too light and there wasn't very much spin there(which surprised me). The Prince had some nice spin, and a crisp feel, I knew 03 racquets already felt pretty damp so I was using it without a dampener and it felt pretty good. The Pd had pretty amazing pop and was working really well with my kick serve. It felt pretty good. When I have a chance to actually play with them I will report back. Hope this helps someone:)

Noveson
09-10-2006, 07:58 PM
Someone who has played with the Pure Drive, does the plus version give less spin thatn the standard, because I didn't get as much as I thought I would have. Also doesk the Pd always feel so soft?

Kevo
09-10-2006, 09:15 PM
The pure drive can feel very soft with a soft multi in it. If you get a demo frame with some well used but not worn sensation it will feel pretty soft and you may lose some power as well. It kind of just depends on who's used it before. Normally sensation will break before it gets like that but I have had one demo that was like that, and it totally changed the feel of the frame.

Will888
09-10-2006, 10:08 PM
did you use the roddick pd?? or the regular lighter one?

Noveson
09-11-2006, 06:58 PM
The regular one, I'm only fifteen years old and just have grown probably over 6 or 7 inches, so my muscles haven't exactly caught up, I think the reason I wasn't getting so much spin was because I wasn't getting the head speed. When I hit hard it feels good but when I slow down it goes long.