PDA

View Full Version : Just bought xbox for Top Spin. not satisfied

ibemadskillzz
07-29-2004, 07:56 PM
this is the worst decision I have ever made. I already have a ps2 but decided to buy xbox for top spin. This game sucks. It's so repetitive, all the computer plays the same. you go to the sport bag and (it requires) to save. shouldn't there be a load and save section. there's only 18 real players(9 actually if you play mens.) , there should be at least 200 real players, The others are just fake. All the sport games have real players like madden, nba live, mvp baseball, etc. The world map is so cheap, it's animated and that doesn't help, there are these fake tournaments WTF. There's all these cheap drills to gain stars, not realistic at all, I prefer real drills and stuff, I mastered this game in 15 minutes. Good thing xbox has better graphics, I'm gona get NFL 2k5, halo 2 and hopefully some other better games.

TwistServe
07-29-2004, 08:00 PM
you dont have to go to sports bag to save...

strife726
07-29-2004, 10:09 PM
MAstered the game in 15min? LOL! now thats funny.....Why don't you take your skills to the online mode and see how you do vs ranked players around the world. In fact if you do let me know your gamertag and we can play.

ibemadskillzz
08-02-2004, 06:18 PM
This game isn't realistic at all. who likes this game?
1.fake tournaments- not all but most are
2. fake drills, i want real drills to develop the character.
3. fake players, they should include at least 300 choices, other sports games have way more than 500 real players.
4. star system isn't realistic, example- blake has less stars for volleys than most of them, he certaintly has better volleys than half of mens side in that game.
5. no save and load section in career mode
6. no coin flip to pick who serves and side pick. Always has to serve first
7. not a variety of licensed equipment.
8. 3 game sets in career mode?- i should be able to set that up.
9. It's so repetitive that, after one round, you want to turn it off.
10. can reach number one ranked within hours- in one day.
11. every single computer players, have the same game, only difference is power in their shots or angles.
12. only way to have a little enjoyment is by Xbox Live.
13. no warm-up tourneys for grand slams, you can jump around everywhere, mix it up, unrealistic sechdule.

nazer13
08-06-2004, 03:10 PM
nothing beats virtua tennis for dreamcast

Baseline Basher
09-20-2004, 05:55 PM
There's no way you could master that game in 15 minutes. You might get the controls down, but you go ahead and play it for 15 minutes, then play me. I'll pwn you. Then I'll turn to you and say "PWNED!" That's right. Pwned. If you bought XBox for Top Spin, well, okay, but if you don't have Halo, I can't respect you. Get Halo. Best. Game. Ever.

lendl lives
09-21-2004, 08:27 AM
played halo all night last night. purchased it one week ago. finally finished it at the normal level (i'm new to gaming). that finishing sequence where you have to drive the warthog off the ship was the best!

splink779
09-21-2004, 04:09 PM
I'm getting Smash Court Tennis Tournament 2 or whatever its called for ps2. Anybody play this game? I know it is newer than topspin and has better pros.

PusherMan
09-21-2004, 04:17 PM
From what I've seen of Smash Court (no I don't own the game, only seen reviews on television), the game almost moves in slow motion compared to Top Spin. I'm not inclined to buy it.

Tennis Guy
09-21-2004, 04:36 PM
From what I've seen of Smash Court (no I don't own the game, only seen reviews on television), the game almost moves in slow motion compared to Top Spin. I'm not inclined to buy it.
It does move slow, but it is much more realistic. You should try it out. I think it is probably the best tennis game out there. Top Spin is fun, but not realistic enough for me.

SirGus
09-21-2004, 04:49 PM
so, what's the best tennis game???

PusherMan
09-21-2004, 05:25 PM
It does move slow, but it is much more realistic. You should try it out. I think it is probably the best tennis game out there. Top Spin is fun, but not realistic enough for me.

Interesting observation, Tennis Guy. I got the opposite impression. The speed of play in Topspin looks more the like today's pro game to me. I saw Roddick hit a serve in Smash Court, and it looked like a club players serve.

You'll have to elaborate a bit more on the realism of Smash Court.