PDA

View Full Version : Best Player's Racket

shawn1122
09-09-2006, 10:20 PM
I need help choosing a good player's racket for myself. I'd say im around 3.5 - 4.0ish, and I feel like the Ncode N6 I am using is holding me back somewhat. It feels very light in my hand, and it is difficult to generate good spin with it. I usually have to make a massive swing upwards, just to get some topspin. I am also experiencing some awkward wrist pain as I type this lol. Could this be due to the stiffness of the racket?

Anyways, I played a few rallies with a Flexpoint radical and it felt ok. However, it was a racket my friend was demoing, and the strings felt really loose.

Ive also heard the Pro Staff 85 mentioned very often on these boards. Would this racket be worth buying, or could it be past my level?

Thanks to anyone who bothers to respond with a useful suggestion.

tennis_hand
09-09-2006, 10:24 PM
it is the player, not the racket.

TLM_01
09-09-2006, 10:26 PM
it is the player, not the racket.
qft

shawn1122
09-09-2006, 10:56 PM
Ok...well basically, I want a racket that will give me more control and more spin. And if it doesn't hurt my arm, that would be nice too. Any suggestions?

chess9
09-09-2006, 11:27 PM
I would not make a radical change in weight and if you do take it easy with the serving for a few weeks. Ease into it.

I'd suggest something like a tweener/player's racquet on the order of the Wilson nCode 95. The Pure Drive also is smaller headed and heavier than what you have and may be worth a try, though it is a bit stiff. (If you are having any joint problems in your wrist or elbow or shoulder, then a flexier racquet would be preferable, IMHO.)

I would not go all the way down to an 85 unless you are prepared for a lengthy adjustment process. The 85 is a fantastic stick though if you can make consistent contact with the ball.

Good luck.

-Robert