PDA

View Full Version : Certain Rackets For Certain Shots.

Nexus
09-10-2006, 02:30 PM
1. A few years back, my assistant coach had a racket with a curved handle. He said it was for topspin. I've never seen a racket like it online before. Anyone know anything about it? If you're lost, imagine that curved lightsabre off of Star Wars that the one old guy used.

In any case, that was my first question.

2. Will a certain length racket or headsize of racket help you get certain shots. My friend went from a Head i.s6 oversize (112) to a liquidmetal 4 (102) and he couldn't get his spin serves in. The spin would "activate" too soon, so he'd hit it out, then the ball would be lucky to make contact with the net before it hit the ground on his size. It really took away from his serve. So, I'm assuming that a larger head will give you more forgiveness than a smaller racket head.

3. My more important question/statement: I want a one handed backhand to add to my arsenal of shots. I've been working on it, but it's still rather inconsistent. Are there certain rackets that will help me get this shot faster?

4. Does it all depend on where I hit the ball? Should I hit the ball at the top of my hitting zone, middle, or bottom of my hitting zone?