PDA

View Full Version : POG is wonderful

maverick447
09-10-2006, 08:54 PM
Thanks to the help this forum has provided me , in explaining the benefits of playing with a POG .

I have now played for 1.5 years and it seems that its doing me good.

Postives

1 . I do not have any elbow aches .
2. Serve is more consistent , with more topspin
3. Shots are more consistent .

I say this , as my start with the POG wasnt too promising . I moved from a Head Radical ( Yellow coloured Agassi racquet ) .
However there are some points that i observed that I wanted to work on . Some of these might also be due to my faulty stroke mechanics :

1. For the backhand (singlehanded) , with the POG it has been easier to hit the ball parallel to its path ( same direction ) rather than do a change of direction . My natural instinct ( due to the weight ) is to go for the shot straight back without going for the crosscourt . Its almost like my court is limited to one half where the ball landed . Are there any ways to improve on this ?

2. its tougher to hit balls that are deep . Balls that land , half feet inside the baseline . I almost end up scooping the ball without much power . This could really be bad if the opponent is at the net after hitting the deep ball .

Should i persist with the POG ? Should i look at other raquets that might be lighter ?

I would like opinions on some raquets that I was keen on
1. Prince o3 tour mid plus
2. Head flexpoint Instinct
3. Wilson Ncode Six one
4. Babolat Pure drive
5. Yonex ?

thanks in advance for ur suggestions

nadalito92
09-10-2006, 08:56 PM
well if you like the racquet stick with it, play a month or so with it, then look for other racquets, takes a while to completly adapt to a racquet

maverick447
09-10-2006, 08:59 PM
thanks for ur replies . I accidentaly posted it in the wrong category . How do i move it to the appropriate thread ?

Sorry once again

nadalito92
09-10-2006, 09:00 PM
umm i dont know, repost it at the racquet section?

BigboyDan
09-11-2006, 04:33 PM
They'll move this post if o needed.

From what you describe: you need to improve your footwork and body postioning, no racquet change will help you there.

Nextman916
09-11-2006, 05:00 PM
POG is a demanding racquet for a person whos only been playing 1.5 years. It could make you better, but sometimes sticking with a racquet higher too high for you skill level could also hamper you development as a player. I think you'll do fine if you continue to better your strokes and strive to learn the proper technique without getting lazy or down on yourself if things dont go right.

lethalfang
09-11-2006, 05:52 PM
POG is a demanding racquet for a person whos only been playing 1.5 years. It could make you better, but sometimes sticking with a racquet higher too high for you skill level could also hamper you development as a player. I think you'll do fine if you continue to better your strokes and strive to learn the proper technique without getting lazy or down on yourself if things dont go right.

I think POG OS is pretty forgiving. I use it and like it a lot.

shawn1122
09-11-2006, 07:33 PM
Are we talking about OS or midsize?

gmonfils
09-12-2006, 07:01 AM
please excuse my lack of knowledge or laziness to track down the meaning but what is a POG? I am being serious.

fishuuuuu
09-12-2006, 07:39 AM
please excuse my lack of knowledge or laziness to track down the meaning but what is a POG? I am being serious.

Prince Original Graphite

gmonfils
09-12-2006, 08:12 AM
thank you!