PDA

View Full Version : Just got Wilson SIX-ONE 95: different specs?

Tennis Man
09-11-2006, 05:15 AM
I purchased it from a reputable sports store (not a pro shop).
The specs on the racquet say (vs TW):

Wgt: 333g (11.7 oz) vs 330 or 346 strung
Balance: 12 pts HL vs 10 pts HL
Grip: Micro-dry vs TL Gel

Pattern: 16x18
SI: 6.0 (WTF is it?)

It was sold strung with some yellow string and red wilson stencil. Otherwise it looks exactly like the one of TW website. Anybody knows why the specs are different. Is it an older version or what?

The Pusher Terminator
09-11-2006, 05:21 AM
well two things:

1. TW measures "true specs" . What TW does is measure their stock and then print the average weight on the website. Due to manufacturing problems...no two racuets are ever exaclty the same..thats why TW prints the average weight rather than what the company "claims" the weight to be.

2. This may really upset you but Wilson just came out with an updated and improved version of your racquet. I hope that you have the new one otherwise I think that you will be a little upset. I just saw this new version I believe in Tennis magazine. My suggestion is return the racquet quickly and buy the new version. Welcome to the wonderful world of Wilson!!! (and cell phones and computers too!!!).

tennis_hand
09-11-2006, 05:29 AM
Wilson. ahha. they churn out new rackets faster than your hen hatches her eggs.

caesar66
09-11-2006, 05:30 AM
well two things:

2. This may really upset you but Wilson just came out with an updated and improved version of your racquet. I hope that you have the new one otherwise I think that you will be a little upset.

If he's talking about an n6.1 95, when did wilson put out a new one? there has been some speculation about wilson updating the 6.1 series, but no proof yet, and I certainly havent seen anything in tennis magazine.

Rafaello, I'd say play w/ it, if you like it, stick w/ it, if not, take it back.

Tennis Man
09-11-2006, 05:32 AM
Thanks, any other 6.1 users here. I'm reading the specs from the racquet ... What do you have on it?

The Pusher Terminator
09-11-2006, 05:34 AM
If he's talking about an n6.1 95, when did wilson put out a new one? there has been some speculation about wilson updating the 6.1 series, but no proof yet, and I certainly havent seen anything in tennis magazine.

Rafaello, I'd say play w/ it, if you like it, stick w/ it, if not, take it back.

OOPS MY BAD!!!!! They replaced the N Tour or soemthing...here I cut and pasted the review of the new nsix something or other the names are so similar though Im not sure whats what...sorry!!!.:

Wilson nTour Two 95

PRICE: $200
BALANCE: 1/8 in. head heavy
HEAD SIZE: 95 sq. in.
FLEXIBILITY: Flexible
LENGTH: 27.25 in.
IDEAL SWING: Medium to long
WEIGHT: 10.8 oz.
NTRP: 3.5–5.5

SALES PITCH:
An update of a popular recent model, this newer version is intended to have better feel in a quieter and more playable frame.

COMPARE TO:
Wilson nTour 95

HOW IT TESTED:
From a construction standpoint, the two key improvements between the nTour Two and its predecessor are the introduction of nanofoam into the frame, and slightly bigger string holes, which make the grommets larger in diameter. Both technologies are designed to give you a smoother ride compared to the nTour. Many of our testers said that when they found the sweet spot, it felt great and had little to no vibration. Others weren’t quite convinced, although nobody found the racquet to be a tuning fork. It doesn’t tip the scales like a heavyweight, but the nTour Two has good heft and stability. It rates as a flexible racquet, but many said the frame playedmore on the stiff side. If you’ve got a fairly long, speedy swing, the nTour Two will supply plenty of power, especially on the serve, where it received its highest praise. A few testers had control issues from the baseline, despite the small head, so you may want to string toward the high end of the recommended tension range.

BOTTOM LINE:
Fans of the nTour and anyone looking for a midsize frame that produces a lively ball will want to try this racquet.

Tennis Man
09-11-2006, 05:41 AM
Pusher, you seem to have no idea what you are talking about. Thanks, but those are different racquets. Even the new N 7.1 has different specs and HH balance.

I like the racquet although it swing a bit too heavy for me. I am just waiting for other Wilson guys to confirm the specs printed on their nCode 6.1 95 16x18 frames.

The Pusher Terminator
09-11-2006, 05:42 AM
Pusher, you seem to have no idea what you are talking about. Thanks, but those are different racquets. Even the new N 7.1 has different specs and HH balance.

I like the racquet although it swing a bit too heavy for me. I am just waiting for other Wilson guys to confirm the specs printed on their nCode 6.1 95 16x18 frames.

I realized my mistake and fixed it seconds before you responded. ....I tried to beat you to the insult punch but lost. I am however correct about the TW specs.. Also just so you know..... rumor has it that Wilson is coming out with a new ncode 6.1 95 (probably with nfoam etc etc). Check it out:

Also there's suppose to be new ncodes coming out, new one of the ncode 95, and ncode 90. Ou, i'm so curious what the're goin to look like and feel.

Tennis Man
09-11-2006, 07:19 AM
bump, anybody else owns Wilson?

LudaKrisKG
09-11-2006, 07:31 AM
Si means swing index
it's wilsons scale for swing speed
6 is a long swing

Tennis Man
09-11-2006, 09:18 AM
still looking for answers ... anyone?

Already thinking of returning it b/c it's too heavy for me. I got a sholder pain last night practicing the serve with it.

noobplayer
09-11-2006, 09:47 AM
ya the racquet is legit

The Pusher Terminator
09-11-2006, 12:30 PM

What other choices are there?..LOL.

macroscopic
09-11-2006, 03:32 PM
Just got a ncode 6.1 95 2 wks ago from a pro shop.

Specs are:
Tension 50-60lbs
length 27.0 in
wt 333 gm.
headsize 95 sq in
balance 12 pts head light
pattern 16 x 18
si 6.0

NYCEnglish
09-11-2006, 04:44 PM
Just got a ncode 6.1 95 2 wks ago from a pro shop.

Specs are:
Tension 50-60lbs
length 27.0 in
wt 333 gm.
headsize 95 sq in
balance 12 pts head light
pattern 16 x 18
si 6.0

I've had one for a few weeks - same specs.

Tennis Man
09-11-2006, 11:09 PM
Thanks, peoples. I actually went to other shops and checked the specs and they are all the same. So, the TW specs are a bit confusing.

BTW, got to love the racquet. My serve has never been so strong and game so solid. I also got a Tour frame. Will be testing tomorrow.