PDA

View Full Version : Pure Storm theory

surbs
09-11-2006, 07:12 AM
I started using the Pure Control 360 then changed to the Pure Control and now I am using the Pure Storm. Both the 360 and the Storm use Zylon in the head and throat. All the specs between the 360 and Storm are identical in addition to string pattern, grommets ...... I got my 360 out this weekend and compared it to my Storm. The 360 has 2 year old strings in it so they were a bit dead. Now, I think these 2 racquets are the same model. I think Babolat gave the 360 a new paint job, renamed it and moved it into the "Team" Line. I could not tell any real difference between the two.

Ripper
09-11-2006, 07:57 AM
I don't think you're the only one:

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=76028&highlight=360+storm

surbs
09-11-2006, 08:03 AM
I see. That thread states a 1" difference in head. There is no 1" difference. Babolat also did this with the pure control in the 27" and the 27 1/2". They stated 97 and 98 size heads but they were the same.
ss

Ace
09-11-2006, 09:11 AM
I see. That thread states a 1" difference in head. There is no 1" difference. Babolat also did this with the pure control in the 27" and the 27 1/2". They stated 97 and 98 size heads but they were the same.
ss

The Pure Control Team Standard used to be 97 sq. in., and was marked as such.
I just replaced my old one and made that discovery. You can tell a slight difference when you hold them together. The new 98 sq. in. one's head goes down a little lower, making the slight difference in area.

DANMAN
09-11-2006, 02:20 PM
From everything I saw and noticed when I hit about the zylon/storm, the zylon was stiffer. It had a 67 flex rating and the storm has a 64 rating.

counterpuncher
09-11-2006, 04:46 PM
From everything I saw and noticed when I hit about the zylon/storm, the zylon was stiffer. It had a 67 flex rating and the storm has a 64 rating.
Had a 360 - sold to a friend and now play with a Storm and I would have to agree, that I can feel the flex difference and can also see the difference in the amount of spin it generates because of this.

surbs
09-11-2006, 06:37 PM
Danman,

I thought the stiffness was very close. I could see the 360 being a slight stiffer. But the babolat stats don't make much sense to me. The storm has a swing weight of 327 and the storm is 326 grams. One gram diff. When you play with them the pure control is much heavier. I don't see how one gram would make that much difference. .
Surbs

DANMAN
09-11-2006, 07:05 PM
Danman,

I thought the stiffness was very close. I could see the 360 being a slight stiffer. But the babolat stats don't make much sense to me. The storm has a swing weight of 327 and the storm is 326 grams. One gram diff. When you play with them the pure control is much heavier. I don't see how one gram would make that much difference. .
Surbs

What is the unstrung inertia marking per Babolat's specs? That is an important thing to note. TW has the specd SW of my Aeropro COntrol + at 345, when Babolat claims the unstrung inertia (SW) is 300 kg*cm^2, the same as a Pure Drive + (unstrung). Strings seem to add ~30 SW points, and I find my APC+ swings similarly to the PD+ (non cortex). I playtested the Storm for TW and thought it swung much lighter than 326. 11.1 ounces and a few points head light did not seem to equal the spec'd SW.

julian
09-15-2007, 12:25 PM
What is the unstrung inertia marking per Babolat's specs? That is an important thing to note. TW has the specd SW of my Aeropro COntrol + at 345, when Babolat claims the unstrung inertia (SW) is 300 kg*cm^2, the same as a Pure Drive + (unstrung). Strings seem to add ~30 SW points, and I find my APC+ swings similarly to the PD+ (non cortex). I playtested the Storm for TW and thought it swung much lighter than 326. 11.1 ounces and a few points head light did not seem to equal the spec'd SW.

Did you try Babolat Pure Storm Tour by any chance?

soggyramen
09-15-2007, 02:11 PM
bout time you figured it out