PDA

View Full Version : LaserFibre TourFit TwinTone Grips

Ripper
09-11-2006, 08:12 AM
I thought the sewing together of the two layers was just to get the double color look. However, in all reviews, people mention the special feel that the two sewn together layers provide. Can someone, please, explain a bit more?

Ripper
10-25-2006, 11:09 AM
I posted this over a month ago. I'm bumping it up to see if anyone here has tried it yet.

Nextman916
10-25-2006, 11:17 AM
I think unique makes a product similiar to this as well. Ive used the Laserfibre tourfit replacement grip for a couple months now(ive replaced it 2 times), and i love it, good feel for the bevels and angles. Its sweat absorbtion is superior to anything ive tried before, even though im not a big sweater its nice to have, the feeling of the grip is like nothing ive ever felt. You will understand once you hold it, tack is preserved as well. I havent had the chance to try the twintone but it should be the same in terms of feel, seeing how it is called "Tourfit" Twintone. Their Pro stock grips offer more cushion and comfort see their descriptions here- http://laserfibre.com/grips.html If your into synthetics another excellent replacement grip is Technifibre X-tra

Ripper
10-25-2006, 12:10 PM
good feel for the bevels and angles.

I'm guessing it's quite thin. How thin is it? Or, asked in a different way, how many overgrips would you have to wrap on top of each other on a bare handle to get the same thickness?

PS: Sorry for the goofy question, but it's important for me to know this :)

Jerry Seinfeld
10-25-2006, 01:39 PM
The TwinTone grips are thinner than many replacement grips. I would say it will make the grip approx. 1/2 size smaller than with a regular sized grip like Prince Duratred.

Ripper
10-26-2006, 06:03 AM
The TwinTone grips are thinner than many replacement grips. I would say it will make the grip approx. 1/2 size smaller than with a regular sized grip like Prince Duratred.

Absorbs sweat, feels great... and it's thin! Sounds like my kind of grip. Thanks.

fuzz nation
10-26-2006, 08:54 PM
Yeah, but check out the colors and you'll understand that we're flirting with the next level right here, right now!

Racquets need Ferragamos, too...

No, they're really quite good.