PDA

View Full Version : does leather make grip bigger???

westy
09-11-2006, 12:50 PM
so im looking to get these racket but they come in a size to small for me, i have heard people say "i'm a 4 3/8 but bought a 4 1/4 and put a leather grip on" this leads me to believe that it increases grip size.

is this true?

thanks

snoflewis
09-11-2006, 01:09 PM
that's what i have found. the leather grips that i have tried (head calfskin, fairway, wilson) all were thicker than standard replacement grips.

westy
09-11-2006, 01:16 PM
thanks alot any more comments will be greatly appreciated

Court_Jester
09-11-2006, 04:14 PM
At the beginning, they feel slightly bigger than synthetics but after a while, they become thinner. As an example, my Pro Kennex Kinetic Pro 15G PSE has a leather grip (size #5) but it is now a full size smaller and it feels hard. Not as supple as before. :(

maynardsson55
09-11-2006, 04:18 PM
At the beginning, they feel slightly bigger than synthetics but after a while, they become thinner. As an example, my Pro Kennex Kinetic Pro 15G PSE has a leather grip (size #5) but it is now a full size smaller and it feels hard. Not as supple as before. :(
yeah, I have found that they "sweat down" after a while, which I actually prefer.

DANMAN
09-11-2006, 07:12 PM
Every leather grip I have ever played with felt smaller due to the lack of cushion and the fact that I stretch my grips when putting them on and tend to overlap very little.