PDA

View Full Version : Demo review: m speed pro - Rdx500mp - diablo tour mp

saqdeez
09-11-2006, 02:38 PM
Just got these rackets today, very excited to try them out!! i am a 4.0 all court player who likes to use heavy spin and serve kickers. Which racket do you predict I will like best? I will post a review tonight after I hit with them.

samster
09-11-2006, 03:18 PM
I would have to say you will like the RDX 500 MP the best of the three. It is the most spin friendly of the three.

onkystomper
09-11-2006, 04:26 PM
i reckon the m speed. it is awesome

Bogie
09-11-2006, 05:18 PM
m speed is probably gonna play the best out of those 3

KFwinds
09-11-2006, 09:22 PM
Funny; I've played with all three (I actually still own an M-Speed) and I'm using the Diablo MP right now. I found it to have the best combination of feel, power, spin, and control out of those three.

saqdeez
09-11-2006, 09:35 PM
Ok...I wasnt able to play with all 3 because i immediately started playing singles with this guy and he wanted to do best of 3 sets after i beat him in the 1st. But..I used the m speed. And really liked it! It was easily the heaviest of them all.

It was the best on serve, the heft let me hit some heavy and hard spinners and I am a lefty so the guy couldnt figure out my serve the whole match. He would just punch it back everytime.

It is a great volleying frame too, very stable, good accuracy and response.

Groundstrokes it was very nice, very stable again. Surprised at the nice spin, found good response on the forehand and backhand. Slices were very easy. Found great accuracy on touch shots as well. I could slice down the line to his backhand and come in and win 75% of net points.

Did i mention it is extremely comfortable? Nice flex to it...

The other two rackets i was just able to serve a few with and liked the diablo better than the rdx but neither was too impressive.

Will make sure i play singles with those and post the outcome, but right now the fischer is tough to match. A sweet racket....

saqdeez
09-11-2006, 09:46 PM
KF, in what areas did you think the diablo was better than mspeed?

saqdeez
09-12-2006, 09:46 PM
Hit with the RDX doubles and singles today. To me it felt pretty comfortable and solid in all areas..except serve. I know it got terrific review for serve but i couldnt get any pace on it and spin was so so. I got murdered in singles, doubles was a little better. It is a nice volleying frame though. Did not find the same accuracy on groundstrokes that i did with the m speed, a noticeable difference there.

Then again i was coming off the mspeed from yesterday and was already in a groove with that. I switched back to mspeed later and played a doubles match and was so much better. Its just a smoother racket, I serve 100% better with it also. I am in world team tennis and i was serving up 7-5 in doubles, 30-0. I serve a nasty kicker out wide, ace. Match point, i said im bringing out the flat bomb because they havent seen it before. Hit it down the T, another ace! And those were the only two aces i had tonight, they were like "what the hell??!" That was a great feeling...

Have not hit with the diablo yet but the m speed is INCREDIBLE! I have serious doubts that it can be topped, especially because i am finding light rackets do not do it for me at all.

AJK1
09-12-2006, 10:27 PM
If you're a 4.0 those racquets will be too demanding for you. But like most posters around here, you will use them regardless.

saqdeez
09-12-2006, 10:32 PM
If you are a poster on the internet, you will walk acting like you know whats best for everybody else. Stop posting and make TW a better place, THANKS!

KFwinds
09-13-2006, 12:22 AM
If you're a 4.0 those racquets will be too demanding for you. But like most posters around here, you will use them regardless.

I'm a 3.5, and find the Diablo MP extremely easy to use. I found it to be more comfortable in general and to have more power and spin on serves and groundstrokes than the M-Speed (probably due to the slightly longer length and larger headsize).

BreakPoint
09-13-2006, 01:39 AM

Huh? I would think it's the opposite, perhaps these three might not be demanding enough for a 4.0 player and he might want to also check out something with a bit more weight and/or a smaller head.

Duzza
09-13-2006, 02:07 AM
Really? I wasn't wowed by the Fischer, could have been the dead strings, but too much ping and not enough feel.

saqdeez
09-14-2006, 07:46 PM
I keep hitting with the mspeed and it is getting better every time. I hit some incredible shots today, my partner was laughing at how ridiculous it was. he hit a deep corner shot to my back hand, i ran out and hit a sidespin drop shot from the baseline that dropped over the net crosscourt on the line by the alley. It was incredible.

I also hit a heavy topspin forehand that hooked hard cross court, dropped in maybe a foot over the net and shot out to the side. No contest whatsoever.

The touch and control is unparalleled. My serve was getting better too. I was hitting corners, up the middle, mixing in kick, spin, and flat serves. I could hit slice approach shots to the sides at will and finish off at the net.

My friend joked "you definintely have to buy that racket"

Will888
09-14-2006, 08:24 PM
I'm going with the RDX for you, it fits your game.

chowdhurynaveen
09-14-2006, 10:16 PM
saqdeez-

What tension were you playing at with the mspeed?

Thanx! :)

mshinde
09-15-2006, 05:15 AM
I recon woth saqdeez, MSpeed is a very good racquet especially spin you can generate with it.

I have tried MFil 300, APD, Prince Hybrid Hornet MP, RDS 001 Mid and MSpeed stands out.

RDS 001 Mid is also a great racquet but I was not able time by 1 HBH with it otherwise I nearly switched to it from MSpeed. RDS has better results than MSpeed for forehand.

I keep on trying new strings on MSpeed and the best setup is Bb Ace 17/Prince Syn. Duraflex 16 at 52/56.

saqdeez
09-15-2006, 06:50 AM
It was the demo so nxt 16 gauge probably strung at 60 but down to 56 or so...

jcstennis
09-15-2006, 06:50 AM
saq... nice review! as you know i'm in the same boat... i pick up the M demo tonight. i'll let you know how i make out.

what did you think of the grip shape?

over past 10 years i have been using pro staffs and have beome accustomed to the shape... i like the grip shape on the flex rad.

saqdeez
09-15-2006, 10:56 AM
I always have an overgrip on there so i am do not notice the grip shape too much. One thing about the m speed is that it is very dampened and soft. Some may not like that, but i did!

KFwinds
09-15-2006, 10:02 PM
It sounds like you've made your choice...

BTW, my M-Speed (that was literally hit with twice) is not going to be seeing any more use by me since I've settled on the Diablo MP - *hint, hint*... it's a 4 1/2 (#4) grip...

saqdeez
09-15-2006, 11:01 PM
sry already got it.

I played a guy today I am pretty equal to, beat him 6-2. My serving was off the hook and it was cross court forehand approach or backhand down the line slice approach every time. His groundstrokes are sick but he always goes cross court. Easy forehand volleys. He was in awe how much i was dominating.

jcstennis
09-16-2006, 09:14 AM
KF - - - what's your email? email it to me. i'm in terested in the racquet. thanks.

_________
jcstennis

staedtler
09-16-2006, 11:42 AM
kfwinds, Im interested too. My email is thoap@yahoo.com Thanks in advance.

DrewRafter8
09-16-2006, 12:11 PM
Saqdeez, I too have fell in love with the M Speed after playing with it for around two hours today. I bought mine from a fellow TW member, and it is amazing. I found that the racquet serves great for me in stock form. I know many have been putting lead on the racquet, but it works great for me stock. It's an extremely comfortable, spin friendly frame.

Coach Reed
09-16-2006, 12:22 PM
I am a 4.0 all court player who likes to use heavy spin and serve kickers. Which racket do you predict I will like best?

I'm not surprised you liked the Fischer MSpeed pro number one the best. It has very lively frame fiber and incredible feel (besides everything else you mentioned). However, the Prince Tour Diablo is best for spin poential. Especially on kicksereves due to it's 16 X 18 pattern, low swingweight and low static weight (for a player's frame). If all you were doing was hitting kickserves all day long trying to get the most dramatic effect, you would probably prefer the Tour Diablo. But, that isn't tennis is it. The Fischer responds so well on so many other levels, it is easy to change your mind about what is truly best for your game. A racquet like this can help round out your game as it evolves as well. You may find that you can't quite generate as much kick, or as much whip with the Fischer, but you may find a little increased velocity. As you adapt to it, you may find other aspects of your game become strengths and the dramatic kick isn't as important as what you have gained from the Fischer.
NEOS 1000

Bottle Rocket
09-16-2006, 01:13 PM
I've had my eye on this thing to try for a long time. It was one of only a few rackets I was not able to demo before making my own decision.

Any of your Fischer guys ever hit with a Pure Storm?

I am curious how they compare?

KFwinds
09-16-2006, 01:34 PM
jcstennis, staedtler -

you can hit me up at: kfwinds@aol.com

Coach Reed
09-16-2006, 01:36 PM
Any of you Fischer guys ever hit with a Pure Storm?
I am curious how they compare?

I have not, but perhaps you could send an e-mail to the TW Administrator about doing a comparative review on the
Pure Storm 98 and The Fischer M Speed Pro Number One Light since they both have almost identical specs...

saqdeez
10-10-2006, 07:13 PM
Now that ive hit with the m speed for a few weeks i have a better feel for it all around.

Pros are amazing control on groundstrokes for a 98" frame. The spin is really nice and a very comfortable racket. Very versatile on serves, and a solid volleying frame.

Cons..Although it is great control on groundies, i find touch to be lacking on half volleys and those quick approach shots where you cant take full swings. Not sure if this is due to the flex or the low power factor, but there are no little tap shot with this racket, it will go into the net. For a similar reason it is very hard to hit reaction groundstrokes. I couldnt hit a drop shot with this racket if you paid me to do it...

A racket that is the oppposite in terms of touch would be the dnx 9, where can drop balls over the net with angles at will, hit half volleys like its my day job. Just for sake of comparison...

Heres how i rate it

Groundstrokes - B+
Spin - B+
Serve - B+
Control - A-
Touch - C+
Comfort - A
Volleys - B+
Returns - B
Maneuverability - B
Power - Very Low