PDA

View Full Version : Wilson 6.1 Ncode 95 Question

oray777
09-11-2006, 03:56 PM
Does anyone know if this racquet can be customized? I've tried the 6.1 Tour 90 and it has good power. Also does anyone know if it is easy on the elbow and shoulder? The stiffness rating is 65.

Ky0shiro
09-11-2006, 04:02 PM
What do you mean by customized? I'm pretty sure every racquet is customizable. The racquet is very easy on my elbows and shoulders. I have my racquets strung at 59 lbs with Tecnifibre NRG2 16 strings.

The Pusher Terminator
09-11-2006, 04:04 PM
Vantage copied one..."build it and they will come"

www.vantagetennis.com

oray777
09-11-2006, 04:10 PM
Vantage copied one..."build it and they will come"

www.vantagetennis.com

Where on the website? I don't see it.

Court_Jester
09-11-2006, 04:19 PM
IMO, the n6.1 95 is one of a handful of racquets that don't need any customization. It feels and hits great in its stock form. Wilson got this one right the first time. :D

The Dampener
09-11-2006, 04:46 PM
I would agree with Jester
The frame doesn't need customization. It's a peach right off the racks. But, hey, everyone is different.

I would disagree with Ky0
The 6.1 can be harsh to arms. It pretty much did my elbow in. And if you search the boards, you'll discover I'm not the only one. I think the 6.1 is rather stiff compared to many other frames. But, again, we all need to figure out what works, and what doesn't, individually.

oray777
09-11-2006, 05:06 PM
The frame doesn't need customization. It's a peach right off the racks. But, hey, everyone is different.

The 6.1 can be harsh to arms. It pretty much did my elbow in. And if you search the boards, you'll discover I'm not the only one. I think the 6.1 is rather stiff compared to many other frames. But, again, we all need to figure out what works, and what doesn't, individually.

Whats the current racquet your using and it's stiffness rating?

rooski
09-11-2006, 05:38 PM

The 6.1 can be harsh to arms. It pretty much did my elbow in. And if you search the boards, you'll discover I'm not the only one. I think the 6.1 is rather stiff compared to many other frames. But, again, we all need to figure out what works, and what doesn't, individually.I agree this racket is pretty perfect off the rack but disagree that it's a bad racket for your arm. In fact, I switched from the HPS61 2 years ago for the N6195 because the HPS version hurt my arm. Knock on wood I haven't had any problems with the N6195.

I think a fair number of people that demo this racket can't really handle it's weight and hit the ball late and or mis hit a lot which can lead to aching arms. ...not tennis elbow. Now if you string it tight with poly or kevlar, that's a different story ;)

oray777
09-11-2006, 05:45 PM
Has anyone tried putting lead tape in the 12'o clock positon for this racquet?

fishuuuuu
09-11-2006, 05:45 PM
The nCode Six-One 95 played terribly for me, irregardless of how much I tried to work around it. The swingweight was horridly high, packed a somewhat-unpredictable response, and subsequently was poor in most of my strokes.

The nCode Six-One Tour 90 was, on the other hand, fantastic.

Ky0shiro
09-11-2006, 06:18 PM
Ah maybe I should mention I use the Asian Edition, which is lighter. Maybe that's why I haven't had any problems on my arms.

jasonbourne
09-11-2006, 06:26 PM
oray777, n6.1 18x20 used to be my primary racket and I customized it by adding more weight to adjust the HL balance.

I found the n6.1 90 more comfortable for my arm/shoulder compared to either n6.1 95 versions.

I'm playing through a sprained wrist and the 90 helps me continue to play through any pain. My wrist's recovery and strength improves each week.

rooski
09-11-2006, 07:23 PM
The nCode Six-One 95 played terribly for me, irregardless of how much I tried to work around it. The swingweight was horridly high, packed a somewhat-unpredictable response, and subsequently was poor in most of my strokes.It's not for everyone. It's strange you hit fine with a NTour 90 though and couldn't play with the N6195. You must have had a cr@ppy demo string job in the N6195.

harryz
09-11-2006, 07:49 PM
but too muted for me. I like the PS Tour 90 better, and have been using it the past couple of weeks (two that belong to a friend). Settled on the Head LM Prestige Mid and no turning back. If you like more flex, this is a bomb. Wish it had a 16x18 pattern, but hell-- we can't have everything.

I'm betting that the nCode 6.1 95 16x18 is great at higher tensions with really nice multi filaments, gut or gut/hybrids for enhanced ball feel to compensate for the muted nature of the frame.

Harry

fishuuuuu
09-11-2006, 08:10 PM
It's not for everyone. It's strange you hit fine with a NTour 90 though and couldn't play with the N6195. You must have had a cr@ppy demo string job in the N6195.

I didn't have a crappy demo, I think. Because I bought three of them and played with them through several months with a slew of different strings/tensions to make the suck go away. It didn't :(

The Dampener
09-11-2006, 08:57 PM
Setting the record straight.

I'm never said, nor implied, the n6.1 is bad for your arm. I'm merely stated it CAN be hard on the arm.

I actually think very highly of it. I have my 18x20 strung with Sensation at mid-tension, and it hits great. Solid groundies, crisp volleys, ballistic serves, admirable control and touch.

So, if you don't suffer from arm problems, it's worth a try. However...if you currently have arm issues, do a little howmework first. Search these boards and see what others like you have experienced.

John