PDA

View Full Version : played with Tecnifibre 335 16x20 today

champ2087
09-11-2006, 05:27 PM
Got this frame along with the 320 16x20 today, and hit with the them (mostly the 335) for a couple hours today. Here are some of my thoughts

-first off, let me say i loved it and just ordered 2 of these
-loved how they felt on groundstrokes, i felt like i could drive through with ease, or whip it around for topspin if i need too
-volleys werent the best, but definitely adaquete but could be the fact that i wasnt quite used to the weight (was at least an ounce heavier then my previos racquet.)
-serving was amazing. this stick can do it all, flat, slice, topspin. i couldnt serve at 100% due to a stomach muscle strain, but i was still hitting aces against people a little better then me. i felt like i was hitting the ball, not smacking/whipping it as i did with my tour 95's, if that makes any sense at all.

-frankly, after playing with the 335, i just didnt like the lesser weight, but if you find the 335 a tad too heavy, this stick is still a great stick.

p.s. ive played with the wilson pro staff tour 95's for the past 3 or so years

feel free to ask any questions

sureshs
09-11-2006, 05:29 PM
How was the power of the 320?

champ2087
09-11-2006, 05:32 PM
about equal or so compared to my tour 95's it felt, but i only hit with the 320 for 15 min or so, before i went back to the 335's as i liked them alot more. you would definately need a full swing to keep the ball deep and the ball will not fly on you.

Nextman916
09-11-2006, 05:51 PM
I had mixed emotions with these racquets i demoed both the 320 and 335 in 16x20. The 320 just played way too light and underpowered for my liking, spin was good but you need a fast swing everytime to hit a harder shot. The sweetspot was adequate but placed in the upper region which was awkward, the balance and the weight also felt completely off to me.

Then comes the 335, boy was that a huge change. The weight made it feel so more solid all around, volleys were crazy good. Serves had more punch, still lacked power but not as much. The more headlight balance also matched the racquet perfectly, it said 12pts on the racquet but TW says 10, but whatever. The only thing i didnt really like was i couldnt hit a flat 1hbh with it, the spin was crazy, but it was nessecary for me to stop dumping it in the net or the netcord mostly. However when i started to brush more, my backhands we looking almost like Gasquets, i just couldnt really rip a backhand down the line without taking a little off it to create topspin. It deffinietly wasnt the best racquet for one handers. But a good solid racquet nonetheless, the 320 was nothing to it in comparison.

champ2087
09-11-2006, 05:53 PM
I had mixed emotions with these racquets i demoed both the 320 and 335 in 16x20. The 320 just played way too light and underpowered for my liking, spin was good but you need a fast swing everytime to hit a harder shot. The sweetspot was adequate but placed in the upper region which was awkward, the balance and the weight also felt completely off to me.

Then comes the 335, boy was that a huge change. The weight made it feel so more solid all around, volleys were crazy good. Serves had more punch, still lacked power but not as much. The more headlight balance also matched the racquet perfectly, it said 12pts on the racquet but TW says 10, but whatever. The only thing i didnt really like was i couldnt hit a flat 1hbh with it, the spin was crazy, but it was nessecary for me to stop dumping it in the net or the netcord mostly. However when i started to brush more, my backhands we looking almost like Gasquets, i just couldnt really rip a backhand down the line without taking a little off it to create topspin. It deffinietly wasnt the best racquet for one handers. But a good solid racquet nonetheless, the 320 was nothing to it in comparison.

really? i felt that a flat 1 hbh was alot easier to hit for me. but yea, it wasnt as good as my tour 95 for a 1hbh, but alot better overall

Nextman916
09-11-2006, 06:03 PM
interesting you say a better racquet overall. Did you also notice the sweetspot was in the upper region? Did this bother you a little?

champ2087
09-11-2006, 06:09 PM
it didnt bother me at all

one of my biggest problems with the tour 95 i had was that i never felt i could drive through the ball while staying in control of my swing and ball. generating spin was ridiculously easy with the tour 95, but i nice smooth swing to drive a ball was not easy to do with it at all. perhaps some lead wouldve helped, but i never tried.