PDA

View Full Version : POG OS or POG MP? Which is better? (Duzza, ATXtennisaddict)

shawn1122
09-11-2006, 05:59 PM
Which would be best? I read a lot about the MP being very stiff, and I kind of wanted a racket that is less stiff than the Wilson N6 I am curently using.

DANMAN
09-11-2006, 06:02 PM
Which would be best? I read a lot about the MP being very stiff, and I kind of wanted a racket that is less stiff than the Wilson N6 I am curently using.

The OS feels a lot more flexible to me than the mp. They are both spin monsters. I thought the POG Mp was extremely harsh ouside of the small-medium sweetspot when strung with Luxilon, but I was not used to the leather grip, which definitely did not help. I hit some fantastic forehands, serves, and volleys with the mp, but I just could not get enough on my two handed backhand. If you do not have too big of an ego to play with an OS, I think the POG OS is the player's OS, a racket with all the advantages of a player's racket with some extra forgiving square inches.

shawn1122
09-11-2006, 07:28 PM
Ya, the ego thing is holding me back lol. Also, I hit a one handed backhand, so I'm not to sure how an oversize will suit me.

DANMAN
09-11-2006, 09:06 PM
Headsize should not affect your one-handed backhand in any way if your technique is solid.

jasonbourne
09-11-2006, 09:42 PM
Headsize should not affect your one-handed backhand in any way if your technique is solid.

Perhaps...however, I don't think you can use the same 1hbh motion with both rackets. There is a difference.

I have 1hbh and demoed the MP and OS of the POG for a month. MP was always easier for me to control on the 1hbh whether I had a good or bad tennis day.

AngeloDS
09-11-2006, 09:53 PM
I think the OS is better, I tried the MP and it didn't have the same spin potential imo.

The OS is an all-court racquet imo. My college coach played satelites, a few 5.0 national league tournaments and other stuff since the 80s. Even beat Kevin Kim and his partner in a doubles match heh. He got 20 of these racquets when they came out and stuck with it.

My coach has a one handed backhand, it's the best I've seen in real life. I'd compare the motion to Pavel. Also he's incredible at volleying too.

He goes for a completely raw feeling. Goes with no grip, just an overgrip on the bare handle. Then strings his racquet up quite a bit.

Duzza
09-11-2006, 10:27 PM
Thanks for including me, but I haven't had the opportunity to try the OS. I'm in the middle of receiving a PS 85 and if I like the POG more i will trade the 85 for an OS just to test it out.

The Mid however, is perhaps stiff, but depending on your age and physical health it shouldn't be noticable. Switching from a tweener racquet the POG was everything and more. For volleys it is so amazing, I couldn't miss anything, so solid. I think I've finally mastered it. This guy who's sponsored by Fischer was hitting with me and he said he loved the POG more than anything he's ever tried. Plus the old school looks always gain you points.

Duzza
09-11-2006, 10:28 PM
I've also heard the OS is great for baseline dependant players. The MP has huge spin potential, just depends how you use that potential.

travlerajm
09-12-2006, 12:39 AM
I've used both. But if spin potential is what you want, the NXG OS is spinnier than both.