PDA

View Full Version : Nsix-one 95 vs. M-Fil 300

pickles1107
09-11-2006, 08:27 PM
Ok guys. First post but been lurking for a while. Great Site!

Time for a new stick ...just because.

I currently play with a Hyper Hammer 5.2 MP 95 square inch. Its just really old and I don't have a backup for it, so I was looking a few new racquets.

How will these compare and differ? Which one would be closer to my current stick. From what I gather the n6.1 will be a lot heavier a racquet than the Dunlop.
Unfortunately, I don't have great access to demos (save TW) or that would be ideal...
I am 20 and
If I had to guess I would say I'm maybe a 3.5- 4 (if thats not overshooting it a bit) singles player in rec. leagues playing about 2-3 times per week. Really weak 2hbh and a solid forehand. Can really drive through the ball. Mostly kick or slice serves (no flat serve in my arsenal as of now).

Mostly baselining but will come to net if given the opportunity.

Please help. I was also considering maybe the RDS 001 and the Babolat Pure Storm mostly due to the good press they recieve here. All of these choices are based strictly on reading the comments in this forum.

And I won't lie, I'm mostly drawn to the Dunlop because of the cost.
FYI I would most likely be buying new.

tempura_MAKI
09-11-2006, 09:32 PM
I have been after many answers on the m-fil 300 as well. I actually got my demo in but I havent had the chance to play with it. it feels nice, not as much arm friendly but nice. after reading up on your style of play, it seems it will suit you well. correct me if im wrong but I hear the racquet's a little on the stiff side, but not bad. I think the m-fil 300 is a great choice. But, I am currently demo'ing 4 racquets, and today I played with the head liquid metal radical, and the prince tt warrior. The liquid metal played absolutely great and is the current stick im leading towards, but I still have the m-fil 300, and the wilson ncode npro to demo.

DragonFly
09-12-2006, 02:06 AM
I liked the wilson more than the mfil 300, however, I thought the MF3 was more open to customizing, due to its low SW and static weight. IF your aready using a 95 in frame, the dunlop may give you more forgiveness. plus its cheap.. you could buy two if you wanted.

pickles1107
09-12-2006, 03:44 AM
Thanks for the replies. I don't know what got into me but I was practically falling asleep at the computer last night. It should read:

I will most likely be buying used.

pickles1107
09-13-2006, 04:05 AM
Anyone else care to share their experiences between these 4 racquets?

DragonFly
09-13-2006, 12:32 PM
I don't like any of the babolat racquets except the pure control. The others feel like they do too much work for me. The babolat racqets are mostly for those with good technique and are conistent, not for those that want an easy way out and are lazy with their strokes. The yonex, IMO, is a nice racquet, if not pricy. Decent sweet spot when compared with other yonex racquets. You picked a good stock of racquets, but I thought that I could use the dunlop, build it up as I went along, as I developed, and then probably use the wilson. but I love my dunlop...

oray777
09-13-2006, 12:42 PM
I've tried the 6.1 Tour 90. It's a very good racquet and very stable but since it has a smaller headsize if your not correct on your swing it's not very forgiving. I'm right now testing the 6.1 95 so i'll tell you how it feels. It's probably about the same. I might just go with this stick and modify it.

inferno303
09-14-2006, 03:33 AM
nsixone 95 for the win. awesome control and feel (18x20)