PDA

View Full Version : Racket Prices

CHIA
09-11-2006, 11:52 PM
Hey guys,
Im in Australia and i'm going to Malaysia and Singapore in a few months and i'm not sure if I should wait to buy rackets when I go overseas. So if anyone is from Malaysia or Singapore could you please do me a big favour and check out some prices for me, like; Babolat Pure Drive Roddick, Babolat AeroPro, Head Liquid Metal Prestige and any other random prices.

Thanks Heaps

You cannot be serious !!!
09-12-2006, 12:54 AM
Hey guys,
Im in Australia and i'm going to Malaysia and Singapore in a few months and i'm not sure if I should wait to buy rackets when I go overseas. So if anyone is from Malaysia or Singapore could you please do me a big favour and check out some prices for me, like; Babolat Pure Drive Roddick, Babolat AeroPro, Head Liquid Metal Prestige and any other random prices.

Thanks Heaps

From what I heard, they are about 2/3 of the RRP of the racquet, which would be the same as buying it from the internet

Duzza
09-12-2006, 03:26 AM
I live in Aus. When the Flexpoint was 400 i got it in singapore for 220.
That is all.

inferno303
09-12-2006, 04:03 AM
Hey guys,

Thanks Heaps

lol me too but i guess the main problem is finding a good shop, theyre probably in some obscure place in KL or in 'rural' Singapore
but u gotta love the exchange rate

jonolau
09-12-2006, 05:23 AM
CHIA,

In Singapore, avoid the sporting goods chain shops such as Royal Sporting House as they have fixed prices with no bargaining.

The smaller independent shops will have more flexible prices, and you can bargain with them or make an offer.

In the main shopping belt, Orchard Road:
1. Lai Sports - Basement Level, Lucky Plaza
2. Leisure Sports - Level 4, Shaw Centre

Slightly out of the main shopping area about 10 mins by cab is Queensway Shopping Centre where there is a huge concentration of small specialty sporting goods shops. Over here there are quite a few tennis shops:

1. Gala Sports (1st floor)
2. Sports 2000 (1st floor)
3. Sports Interlink (1st floor)
4. Transworld Sports (2nd floor)

I'm not too sure what are the prices of the racquets you're interested. Perhaps there might be some other person from Singapore in this forum who can advise.

But if you can wait till next week, I can check out the prices for you when I return to Singapore from a business trip. Strung or unstrung? How many pieces do you want to buy?

Jon

Roforot
09-12-2006, 06:00 AM
You can bargain w/ the shops for the price of racquets?
Hmm.... the only time I've bargained for the price is w/ car dealers and w/ our house... a skill I'm sorely deficient in! I'd probably end up paying over msrp :)

CHIA
09-12-2006, 06:26 AM
Hey Jonolau,
Yeh i'm thinking like 2 or 3 sticks im not sure strung or unstrung, is there a large price difference between a strung racket and an unstrung racket?

milo
09-12-2006, 10:08 AM
no, there's no large price gap between unstrung and strung racket. the gap is around S$10.

jonolau
09-13-2006, 03:25 AM
You can bargain w/ the shops for the price of racquets?
Hmm.... the only time I've bargained for the price is w/ car dealers and w/ our house... a skill I'm sorely deficient in! I'd probably end up paying over msrp :)
Yup, you must bargain albeit politely. As with any culture, when they know you're a foreigner, they will not offer as much discount as compared to a local.

jonolau
09-13-2006, 03:27 AM
Hey Jonolau,
Yeh i'm thinking like 2 or 3 sticks im not sure strung or unstrung, is there a large price difference between a strung racket and an unstrung racket?
Hi CHIA, with that info, I can probably see what is the best price they can offer. As milo mentioned, the difference is only about S$10.

Tell you what, shoot me an email when you're going to come over and perhaps we can go racquet shopping and catch up for a coffee.

Jon

CHIA
11-04-2006, 12:29 AM
Does anyone know if the racket prices in Thailand are much different from those in Singapore? I'm definately going to Thailand but still deciding if it is worth going to Singapore just to get a couple of rackets if I can pick them up in Thailand.

Thanks

anirut
11-04-2006, 02:53 AM
What rackets, Chia? I'll try to check 'em for you.

CHIA
11-06-2006, 03:50 PM
Liquid Metal Prestige MP, Babolat Pure Drive, Babolat AeroPro or Liquid Metal Instinct Tour XL

Thanks

CHIA
11-11-2006, 02:09 AM
Does anyone in Singapore know any Singaporean tennis shop websites?

xkcwlx
11-11-2006, 04:44 AM
You're in luck! I've just been sourcing for new racquets and I'm from Singapore heh.

But I've only browsed a few though they're all between S$200-300.
LM Rad is about 220. Pure Drive is about 230-240. FXP Rad was about 270.

Don't quote me on the prices though since it was just a mental cataloging on my part. But its a rough gauge at least. =)

CHIA
11-11-2006, 08:44 PM
hey thanks thats exactly what I was looking for