PDA

View Full Version : Balance on the racket?

spadesss
09-12-2006, 07:38 AM
Any ideas????

I am about 3.0-3.5 male player. Two handed backhand but learning to hit one hand. I changed rackets because the Head radical was a bit too heavy for me. I get fatigue after a long match. So I changed rackets to ease the load on my arm. Here is whats happening.

When I used the Head Radical 260 OS (Agassi black & yellow), I can do this loopy topspin forehand shot with great ease and produce great results. It gives me a huge error of margin as the ball would clear the net, kinda like what Nadal would do. It was a great approach shot to the net.

When I used Prince TT Scream OS, I can't seem to hit a loopy topspin shot anymore.

I found that the "Balance" on the Head racket is 5 points head light vs Even on the Prince.

Could this be the X factor? Or just that I suck!?

PS..Anyone recommed on a racket that would suit my game? I need some POW on the racket for serve as well.

Ripper
09-12-2006, 09:21 AM
Go back to your old raquet. With time, you'll get used to the swingweight. Do a little weight lifting to make yourself a bit stronger and speed things up.

Bagumbawalla
09-12-2006, 03:58 PM
I agree with ripper, above. It's your best (least expensive) option.

If you have a chance to buy a new racket, buy something with similar balance, just lighter. You can always add some lead tape, later, to suit your needs as you get stronger.