PDA

View Full Version : James Blake's racquet for $5000???

f1 tech
09-12-2006, 09:16 AM
Check out item # 130026492792 or search for James Blake 300G on the big auction site. WTF????

Richie Rich
09-12-2006, 09:22 AM
funny. you could have bought one of james's personal 300G pj's with his autograph 2 years ago for $200. guy doesn't even have pics? and zero feedback? good luck!

SFrazeur
09-12-2006, 09:22 AM
He did not even post a picture. I do not even think a sampras used racquet would sell for that, unless he won his last title with it.

tennis-skater
09-12-2006, 11:38 AM
can you say scam?

Ripper
09-12-2006, 12:20 PM
"This racquet is without question a collector's item which is in mint condition."

Without a question, nobody is going to pay 5K for it.

The ball was in
09-13-2006, 12:48 AM
No pictures...and it will take 2 days to get a picture sent?

Put my name down for 2 of those baby's!!!

Hhhhmmmm...do you think the guy has read some posts and painted the racquet himself:rolleyes:

TaintedWisdom
09-13-2006, 01:00 AM
I hear they going to sell blakes sweat on a bottle next week...
Yep, a whole liter of this stuff.

100% authentic, includes picture, but they couldn't run a lab analysis on it.
Ball boy has been collecting this stuff for over a year from the sweaty towels he gets back.

How much would ya guys pay for it?
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: THAT WAS SARCASM/JOKE.(preventing the influx of morons we got from thinking that was real, ok Joke, got it, good, now you can laugh)

The ball was in
09-13-2006, 01:10 AM

Ball boy has been collecting this stuff for over a year from the sweaty towels he gets back.

Mate...i would give you $10k for it......is that alright? and does it have James Blakes' stickers and labels all over it?

Note: THAT WAS SARCASM/JOKE.(preventing the influx of morons we got from thinking that was real, ok Joke, got it, good, now you can laugh)

lethalfang
09-13-2006, 01:28 AM

A couple of years ago someone from 'bay sold a piece of gum spit from a baseball player.
No joke.

gb93433
09-13-2006, 07:36 AM
I asked him how he acquired the racquet. His response was, "I got it as a gift several years ago."

Ripper
09-13-2006, 07:41 AM
A couple of years ago someone from 'bay sold a piece of gum spit from a baseball player.
No joke.

Well, there was this (broke) hollywood actor (forgot his name) who tried to sell a tooth of his there, too, but it was cancelled by them, because it went against a rule they have that says you can't sell body parts there.

f1 tech
09-13-2006, 10:27 AM
No joke.

I thought it was Britney Spear's gum??

f1 tech
09-13-2006, 10:29 AM
Plus you gotta think that the insertion fee for $5000 is pretty high right? Plus they take like a 2% fee or something like that after it's sold.

TaintedWisdom
09-13-2006, 05:05 PM
people have sold their soul on ****. (was in the news and everything)
guess that doesnt count as part of your body to **** rofl.

skuludo
09-13-2006, 09:58 PM
It was Britney Spear's pee. Not gum. Someone managed to get a hold of a urine sample to test whether she was pregnant or not from her trash.

The ball was in
09-14-2006, 12:33 AM
Plus you gotta think that the insertion fee for $5000 is pretty high right? Plus they take like a 2% fee or something like that after it's sold.

I still don't understand where or how this guy can justify selling a racquet for that much...had it as people have said been a grand slam winning racquet i.e Sampras' 2002 US open or maybe one of Fed's racquets or Agassi's last racquet...then yes, after bidding, the price would reach that...but to start the price at $5000?!?! Is this guy sane?

Also, he got it as a gift...hhhmmm....yeah well, would he mind passing it on to me as a gift?:mrgreen:

lethalfang
09-14-2006, 01:30 AM
I thought it was Britney Spear's gum??

It's true. Britney Spear's gum was sold on ****, but she isn't the only one.
A baseball player's gum is also sold on ****. I don't remember his name, either Alex Gonzalez or Luis Gonzalez.

gb93433
09-14-2006, 10:42 PM
That racquet was never strung. He could not have used it.

dennis1188
09-16-2006, 12:38 AM
For the $5000 dollars, JB, should himself, come to your front door w/ the racket.
Also, he will give you his shoes, socks and two sets of underwear!

D. Nelson
09-16-2006, 04:07 PM
...........it will NEVER 'float' .............ridiculous.............!!!!!!!!

tennis-skater
09-16-2006, 08:59 PM
and it says it weighes 288 grams? i thought blakes racket was 13.0oz+

zhan
09-16-2006, 09:21 PM
stop complaining
u just envy that the guy had the idea first

dl125
09-16-2006, 10:13 PM
Member since September 12th?

This guy is definitely taking the money...which credit card should I put it on?:neutral:

PBODY99
09-17-2006, 07:00 AM
This isn't the only case of an "strange" price for a frame. There was a wood Bancroft,"used by Billie Jean King" for a mere $1,000. As a someone once said" There is a sucker born every minute."

doriancito
09-17-2006, 01:27 PM
total scam

The ball was in
09-19-2006, 12:38 AM
Not being racist or anythings...as I am half chinese I hope it doesn't come across as that...but looking that the writing on the sticker in the throat...it looks very 'oriental' styling to me...only reason for saying that as I have mentioned is that is how my chinese friends write the numbers 2 and 3....again, I am sure that I am going to cause trouble by stating that but that is an observation from me...and why would Blake have the Dunlop card and wrap on the handle....again...my cynicism coming out ;)

f1 tech
09-19-2006, 07:55 AM
Not being racist or anythings...as I am half chinese I hope it doesn't come across as that...but looking that the writing on the sticker in the throat...it looks very 'oriental' styling to me...only reason for saying that as I have mentioned is that is how my chinese friends write the numbers 2 and 3....again, I am sure that I am going to cause trouble by stating that but that is an observation from me...and why would Blake have the Dunlop card and wrap on the handle....again...my cynicism coming out ;)
Yes, I can put money down that the seller is Asian. I'm chinese and all my relatives' numbers look like that!

Richie Rich
09-19-2006, 09:14 AM
the seller didn't do himself any favors with those pictures - you can't really tell if it's a real JB racquet or not. i have one of james's racquets and there are unique things about the frame that make it stand out from the regular 300g. james racquet is 18x20, smaller beam width, has a prince molded handle with prince grip (under the tournagrip), and lead at 3/9.

however, the racquet i have came with a sticker that has the same style of writing on it ( i thought it was an asian/chinese person too when i first saw the "style" of writing numbers) with the same specs - i don't have it in front of me but the 67 ra is clear in my mind.

maybe it was supposed to be james racquet but it was never fully customized. anyway $5K is crazy - you can get a real one signed for around $300.

The ball was in
09-20-2006, 12:20 AM
Funny that no bids were made....it would've been better if he started the bidding at $0 and put a reserve price in....thats what i would've done...but the reserve wouldn't have been $5K!!!! :mrgreen: maybe double that lol

DragonFly
09-20-2006, 04:16 AM
the seller didn't do himself any favors with those pictures - you can't really tell if it's a real JB racquet or not. i have one of james's racquets and there are unique things about the frame that make it stand out from the regular 300g. james racquet is 18x20, smaller beam width, has a prince molded handle with prince grip (under the tournagrip), and lead at 3/9.

however, the racquet i have came with a sticker that has the same style of writing on it ( i thought it was an asian/chinese person too when i first saw the "style" of writing numbers) with the same specs - i don't have it in front of me but the 67 ra is clear in my mind.

maybe it was supposed to be james racquet but it was never fully customized. anyway $5K is crazy - you can get a real one signed for around $300.

That's because james' racquet is a PJ'ed mfil 200, not the 300. yep.

funny auction though.

indianpryd45
09-22-2006, 09:32 PM
$5000..... what a load

for that, you can get an HDTV, and a decent surround sound system. According to the post of Richie Rich, you can get a JB racquet for $300 bucks signed.

where would you find something like that, Richie Rich?

as for this auction, whoever buys it.... must be either rich, stupid, or an **** fiend.

This seller should be ashamed of himself lol