PDA

View Full Version : Hewitt Grip

Lleyton Hewitt
09-12-2006, 10:16 AM
His grip looks very shiny.....is it supergrap? mine doesnt look that shiny....

Nextman916
09-12-2006, 10:27 AM
Shiny??I dont think any overgrip is shiny, he probably just didnt use one that game. Maybe a a gamma hi-tech or something.

Lleyton Hewitt
09-12-2006, 10:46 AM
it did look pretty shiny....i realised he doesnt use that yonex sticker either like nalbandian does

bsandy
09-12-2006, 05:09 PM
I just went through getty images. It really looks like he's wrapped a replacement grip over the first grip, and finished it off with electrical tape.

Dan007
09-12-2006, 06:30 PM
Some pros regrip their rackets theirself and use the finishing tape that the overgrip that it comes with it. In the other hand others like to get it regripped by their stringer/customizer and they use regular black finishing tape without any logos just like the one that the rackets comes out with when you buy one.

unkast
09-12-2006, 08:31 PM
Could it be Karakal, like Tim Henman uses and Andy Murray used to?

emo5
09-13-2006, 04:41 AM
Is electrical tape better than the finishing tape you get with any grip you buy?

gamma replacement grips dont have any logo on theit finishing tape.
I mean, the way I see it, it's mostly for a logo. The tape you get with replacement grips is really strong though!

Dan007
09-13-2006, 11:29 AM
Is electrical tape better than the finishing tape you get with any grip you buy?

gamma replacement grips dont have any logo on theit finishing tape.
I mean, the way I see it, it's mostly for a logo. The tape you get with replacement grips is really strong though!

Electrical tapes are way too thick. You know the plain back finishing tape that almost all pros have on the overgrip and when you buy a new racket that is used to tape the replacement grip. You can buy a reel on TW.

bsandy
09-13-2006, 12:00 PM
I handled a lot of sticks in Indy. You'd be suprised at the number of Pros that were using a tape that looked like electrical tape, on their grips and over grips.