PDA

View Full Version : PART TWO :Pick Which technology is bogus and which is real?

The Pusher Terminator
09-12-2006, 01:46 PM
PART TWO :Pick Which technology is bogus and which is real?

kchau
09-12-2006, 01:50 PM
theyre all real.... they all work

The Pusher Terminator
09-12-2006, 01:57 PM
theyre all real.... they all work

O3 -- Bogus . . . Prince can't even decide to put the O-Ports on the mains or crosses.

kchau
09-12-2006, 01:59 PM
actually no, o3 ports all around make the racquet have a sweet spot greater than ever, also makes it softer, and alot more trampoline like.

o3 ports on the mains only elongate them, allowing them to be longer while still being inside the frame, giving a longer sweet spot, and more power.

o3 ports on the crosses will soften up the stringbed some more, and makes off center hits at 3 and 9 more forgiving.

o3 is comparable to dunlops concave technlology, its based on the same theory, let the strings move more freely without the limits of a regular frame.

volkl's dnx techlology is just pretty much their version of ncode, mfil, and nct...

the aerobeam is made thinner to cut through the air better (think airplanes, airplanes with fatty wings, or wings shaped like a box, dosent cut through the air very well does it?)

The Pusher Terminator
09-12-2006, 02:02 PM
actually no, o3 ports all around make the racquet have a sweet spot greater than ever, also makes it softer, and alot more trampoline like.

o3 ports on the mains only elongate them, allowing them to be longer while still being inside the frame, giving a longer sweet spot, and more power.

o3 ports on the crosses will soften up the stringbed some more, and makes off center hits at 3 and 9 more forgiving.

o3 is comparable to dunlops concave technlology, its based on the same theory, let the strings move more freely without the limits of a regular frame.

volkl's dnx techlology is just pretty much their version of ncode, mfil, and nct...

the aerobeam is made thinner to cut through the air better (think airplanes, airplanes with fatty wings, or wings shaped like a box, dosent cut through the air very well does it?)

scoe is 5-5...better do some more convincing.

BreakPoint
09-12-2006, 02:16 PM

Actually, Volkl's DNX is very different from nCode, M-Fil, and NCT. DNX is a newly developed material that stiffens the two sides of the hoop to make the racquet more powerful. Dunlop's M-Fil actually softens the racquet for more feel, Wilson's nCode fills in the air vacuum gaps in between the graphite molecules throughout the frame to make the entire racquet more stable and more durable, and Babolat's NCT uses stabilizers and changes the shape of the frame to make it more rigid.

I found Babolat's Aerobeam did not actually make the frame that much more aerodynamic.

federermcenroeagassi
09-12-2006, 03:38 PM
i like o3, but like breakpoint mentioned in the part 1, its too trampoliney

The Pusher Terminator
09-12-2006, 03:44 PM
Actually, Volkl's DNX is very different from nCode, M-Fil, and NCT. DNX is a newly developed material that stiffens the two sides of the hoop to make the racquet more powerful. Dunlop's M-Fil actually softens the racquet for more feel, Wilson's nCode fills in the air vacuum gaps in between the graphite molecules throughout the frame to make the entire racquet more stable and more durable, and Babolat's NCT uses stabilizers and changes the shape of the frame to make it more rigid.

I found Babolat's Aerobeam did not actually make the frame that much more aerodynamic.

ALL CRAP.

drakulie
09-12-2006, 04:47 PM
DNX or not, Volkls are horrible!

Amone
09-12-2006, 05:20 PM
The PiezoElectric (Intelligence) tech works-- maybe not as fast as Head says it does, but it does do what they say it does. Chapter 3 of the Physics and Technology of Tennis (Lindsay, Crawford and co.) has a section on it.

The Pusher Terminator
09-13-2006, 05:15 AM
The PiezoElectric (Intelligence) tech works-- maybe not as fast as Head says it does, but it does do what they say it does. Chapter 3 of the Physics and Technology of Tennis (Lindsay, Crawford and co.) has a section on it.

Hey remember that Head racquet with the computer chip in it? Do they still make that? That was a load of crap...no?

FD3S
09-13-2006, 07:00 AM
I believe there was more than one... there was the Intelligence one, and the Head Protector, I think...

bsandy
09-13-2006, 09:53 AM
O3 Bogus . . . If the strings moved along the O Port enough to increase the size of the sweetspot, they'd fray.

Exci
09-13-2006, 11:13 AM

Considering the newer Aeros (drive + control) or the pure Aeros (Tour, etc)? I found it not to be a great deal of an improvement with the newer Aeros, but the original Aero really was an ease to swing through the air with a (semi-)western FH. Too bad the racquet was just crap and that a flat serve actually catched MORE wind, slowing them down.. :)

JediMindTrick
09-13-2006, 11:16 AM
O3 Bogus . . . If the strings moved along the O Port enough to increase the size of the sweetspot, they'd fray.

They do fray. So it works.

anirut
09-13-2006, 11:25 AM
100% Graphite is real

Play a Redondo.

Yeah!

Amone
09-13-2006, 11:35 AM
Hey remember that Head racquet with the computer chip in it? Do they still make that? That was a load of crap...no?
Yeah, man, they do. They incorporate it with every new racquet since (liquidmetal, flexpoint), just like liquidmetal being in the flexpoint racquets. It's just not a headliner for them any more, so they don't call it 'Flexpoint Liquidmetal Intelligence Prestige,' just 'Flexpoint Prestige.'

EDIT: Wait, no. I was mistaken. They pick and choose between racquets which will have Piezoelectric (Intellifibre) now, I just happened to pick Flexpoint Prestige as my test case. I apologize for generalising. But among the racquets that have it are the Flexpoint Prestige, the Liquidmetal Radical, and Liquidmetal Heat... complete list. -_-; Except maybe the Airflow, but I don't want to go through that. Either way, I would very likely question it's effectiveness, but the concept behind Piezoelectric fibres is sound-- it's failing would be not in method but in speed, because 4 milliseconds (give or take, the normal dwell time for the ball on the strings) is pretty fast for a computer chip to tell it to stiffen.

The Pusher Terminator
09-13-2006, 08:50 PM
Yeah, man, they do. They incorporate it with every new racquet since (liquidmetal, flexpoint), just like liquidmetal being in the flexpoint racquets. It's just not a headliner for them any more, so they don't call it 'Flexpoint Liquidmetal Intelligence Prestige,' just 'Flexpoint Prestige.'

EDIT: Wait, no. I was mistaken. They pick and choose between racquets which will have Piezoelectric (Intellifibre) now, I just happened to pick Flexpoint Prestige as my test case. I apologize for generalising. But among the racquets that have it are the Flexpoint Prestige, the Liquidmetal Radical, and Liquidmetal Heat... complete list. -_-; Except maybe the Airflow, but I don't want to go through that. Either way, I would very likely question it's effectiveness, but the concept behind Piezoelectric fibres is sound-- it's failing would be not in method but in speed, because 4 milliseconds (give or take, the normal dwell time for the ball on the strings) is pretty fast for a computer chip to tell it to stiffen.

Is that the same thing as the computer chip? I remember years ago they literally said they had a compute chip installed.

Will888
09-13-2006, 09:00 PM
I don't like the aerobeam, it seems to do the opposite of what it's suppose to do... it feels like it has more air resistant if you don't hit the western heavy top spin shot...

dragonxking
09-14-2006, 02:29 AM
fake or real technology, the nsix one is a bomb *** racquet

inferno303
09-14-2006, 03:26 AM

i reckon;)

The Pusher Terminator
09-14-2006, 06:16 AM

Only if you are Roger.

BreakPoint
09-14-2006, 10:45 AM

Does that mean it's good or it's bad? :confused:

alfa164164
09-14-2006, 12:45 PM
The Flexpoints do result in more flexing of the racket.
The issue isn't whether the racket actually flexes (it flexes alot), it's whether the flex results in better control. IMO that is a dubious claim. Maybe it does work as claimed within a certain small section of the stringbed, but on whole I doubt its "control" merits. That doesn't mean they are bad rackets, you may love the Flexpoint rackets whether or not the technology works. It's just a question of whether the technology they are selling us does what it is marketed to do. Physicists, players, marketers, etc. will not agree on that point. I think they should be renamed Vibrationpoints, because I think they actually INCREASE the vibrations that run down to your arm. Even so, I did like the Flexpoint Radical Tour and am currently trying the Prestige Flexpoint MP.

fishuuuuu
09-14-2006, 12:49 PM
Does that mean it's good or it's bad? :confused:

Damn it BP, get with the times :rolleyes:

(It's good)

BreakPoint
09-14-2006, 01:48 PM
Damn it BP, get with the times :rolleyes:

(It's good)

That's what I figured, but you never know. ;)

Like a movie that "bombs" is bad. And a racquet that "sucks ***" is bad. But somehow you put these two words together, and "bomb ***" is good. Go figure. :confused:

aeroman
09-15-2006, 01:27 PM
I've played with the pure drive and the aero and I love the aero so much more, the aero beam helps MY style of play.

Amone
09-15-2006, 02:05 PM
Is that the same thing as the computer chip? I remember years ago they literally said they had a compute chip installed.
Yes, it's the same thing. Piezoelectric fibre is just a fibre that stiffens when you run an electric current through it, and when you bend it, it generates electric current. The computer chip just sent it back at itself, and they called it 'Intellifibre.' Check the pages of the three racquets I listed, they've all been listed as integrating those firbres.

The Pusher Terminator
09-15-2006, 03:10 PM
Yes, it's the same thing. Piezoelectric fibre is just a fibre that stiffens when you run an electric current through it, and when you bend it, it generates electric current. The computer chip just sent it back at itself, and they called it 'Intellifibre.' Check the pages of the three racquets I listed, they've all been listed as integrating those firbres.

so what do you think/.....does it work? And if so what the hell does this computer chip do for you?

wksoh
12-26-2006, 06:01 AM

Strange it may sound...the AeroPro Drive helped a lot in my usually weak forehand though it didn't really seem to swing faster.. I wasn't a Babolat fan until recently. The Dark Side is really powerful.. it got to me... ^^

Amone
12-26-2006, 06:15 AM
so what do you think/.....does it work? And if so what the hell does this computer chip do for you?

Oh, I apologize. I didn't notice your post after I replied. Mia culpa.

In theory, yeah. I believe it works. I don't know if it works fast enough to effect anything, and I don't believe I care about it working (you'll note I don't use an Intelligence, or even Head frame), but here's how-- the way, not the proof-- it works:

Piezoelectric materials create a charge when they're put under stress. This is possible, and well-documented in this case. The theory is that Head's R&D division got ahold of some, and thought, well, let's put these in a racquet, and then make a little tiny chip that reverses that charge, and sends it back. With me so far?

So, the reversed charge is sent back to the piezoelectric materials, and they reverse their direction, due to the reversal in charge. Theoretically, then, the racquet rebounds faster than it normally would.

The Beautiful Game
12-26-2006, 03:54 PM
I voted that Head Intelligence, Prince O3, Babolat Aero Beam, and Volkl DNX are all real. I don't know if Head's Intelligence system works the way it does, but I voted for it being real because that line of racquets played much more crisply than any Heads I've hit before or since. I owned the Prince O3 Tour MP and thought it was one of the quickest racquets through the air that I had hit with. Ditto for the Babolat AeroPro Drive. The Volkl DNX material definitely makes those racquets feel more stable and solid.