PDA

View Full Version : Replace Wilson Hyper Hammer 6.6 vs. tennis elbow?

play4fun
09-12-2006, 03:03 PM
I'm a 4.0-4.5, all court singles/doubles player and like my old Wilson Hyper Hammer 6.6 (rollers). But I'm 50 and have been having elbow problems over the last year- both golfer's and tennis elbow, which is rather wierd.

I've read that head light, flexible, standard length rackets are best vs. tennis elbow, and my racket is slightly head heavy, 0.25 inches longer than standard, and a bit stiffer than what others have been recommending. I demo'd the Wilson nBlade and felt it lacked control. Looking at specs, I thought I might demo the Volkl Catapult 8v, Dunlop M-Fil 300, Head Flexpoint FXP Radical Team, PK Ionic Ki5. Any thoughts? Thanks!

AJK1
09-12-2006, 03:42 PM
Mate, i've had TE and i know first hand the troubles it causes. From my experience you should definitely get rid of the hammer. They have a bad reputation for causing arm problems. The Pro Kennex is sensational, and i am currently using the Head Radical Team which is quite flexy and arm friendly. Also, make sure you string your racquet with a multi-filament, it is the best for TE problems. Hope all goes well.

play4fun
09-12-2006, 04:16 PM
Thanks, Mate :)