PDA

View Full Version : Perfect Strings? (Head Ti. Radical)

Head-Strong
09-12-2006, 08:38 PM
Hi guys,
I am about 3.0-3.5 and have a few raquets currently.
I have had the Prince Vortex Lite for a few years and also picked up Head trisys Radical 260. As well as buying a new Flexpoint Fire racquet.
Last few weeks i bought 2 Ti. Radicals from 93 era and have a question.
My issue is i keep hitting the ball out quite often.
how can i minimize that with strings. I play mostly baseline game with a powerful backhand and average forehand.
What would be a good string for the Ti. Radical for someone hitting the ball too long? what type or sting? tension? thickness?

Please help, thanks...

BaseLineBash
09-12-2006, 08:56 PM
It has been my experience that you should never string below mid tension on an OS. 16 works great in the dense string pattern if you're a flat to moderate top player, 17 to 18 if you're a top to moderate flat hitter. I prefer Gamma 16's or Lux ALU 16's.

Ten_is
09-12-2006, 09:08 PM
Hey Headstrong, how do you like your FXP Fire?
I personally am not comfortable with the head size, but also the head shape and stringing pattern 18/20. It's a great raquet, and a great looking raquet but I think it's also too light for my liking. Have you done any additions to yours like lead tape etc..?

It's a Great raquet that gives pop and lots of control but my style is different.

Head-Strong
09-18-2006, 10:36 AM
I like it fine, the head is fine, but i get some weird noise from the grip area.
I use Ti. Radical and FXP Fire they are fine together. I also have the Trisys Radical it also complements the racquet well.