PDA

View Full Version : headlight, evenly balanced, and head-heavy?

oray777
09-12-2006, 10:42 PM
Can someone explain the differences and advantages when these 3 changes are made to the racquet?

snoflewis
09-12-2006, 10:54 PM
it's just a matter of preference. if you know how to hit all basic strokes effectively, you should be looking at head light-even balanced rackets

oray777
09-12-2006, 11:00 PM
I'm thinking of adding weight to my racquet and making it evenly balanced. The racquet shop close to where i live can do it for me. How will racquet play with sort of setup? For example going from 12.3 oz. static weight to 13.3 oz with even balance.

snoflewis
09-12-2006, 11:39 PM
I'm thinking of adding weight to my racquet and making it evenly balanced. The racquet shop close to where i live can do it for me. How will racquet play with sort of setup? For example going from 12.3 oz. static weight to 13.3 oz with even balance.

the only thing i can say is....it'll have a very high swingweight...and frankly, your average tennis player can't handle that kinda swingweight. what racket are you using right now?

hadoken
09-12-2006, 11:58 PM
A lot of companies are making light even balanced player frames with highish swingweights...I really don't get it. I'd take a heavy HL frame any day.

phat
09-13-2006, 04:10 AM
Given that all 3 frames have the same static weight & flex, then
(1) easy yo swing: HL > EB > HH
(2) stablility: HH > EB > HL
(3) power: HH > EB >HB
But I feel that swingweight is more important..... if the SW is too high, and you cannot groove into your normal stroke, then all these talk on the static weight becomes meaningless.

jonolau
09-13-2006, 04:13 AM
Given that all 3 frames have the same static weight & flex, then
(1) easy yo swing: HL > EB > HH
(2) stablility: HH > EB > HL
(3) power: HH > EB >HB
But I feel that swingweight is more important..... if the SW is too high, and you cannot groove into your normal stroke, then all these talk on the static weight becomes meaningless.
phat is right on the money here. SW is the most important criteria.