PDA

View Full Version : broke strings on two racquets during one match

raiden031
09-13-2006, 05:20 AM
Yesterday I broke strings on both of my racquets that I brought for a ladder match. Luckily my opponent let me borrow his spare racquet for the last few games. Unfortunately I have another match today and I have to play with my 'emergency' $30 walmart racquet that I have at home. I just ordered a new racquet online so hopefully I'll have it before my next match.

Whats the most amount of racquets someone has broke the strings during one match?

theartoftennis
09-13-2006, 05:26 AM
Well, One time I did an Andre Agassi and broke 5 racquets in one match. 3 being at the same time.

In all seriousness, I've probably never gotten though 3. I've done the 2 a few times in 5 setters, though.

kevhen
09-13-2006, 06:47 AM
Use luxilon string and you won't break as often. Maybe lower the tension too.

Nuke
09-13-2006, 10:47 AM
With only two racquets, use one racquet exclusively until you break the strings on it or are ready to cut them out. If you use both racquets for regular play, then you run the risk of having both sets of strings wear out at the same time. Better to have newer strings on your backup racquet. Better still, to have a third racquet as a backup, and then you can rotate between the other two with a bit more confidence.