PDA

View Full Version : Question for anyone who has used or owns a flexpoint predtige

tennisguy11
09-13-2006, 12:24 PM
Is there a very slight split exactly in the middle of the bumper. I just got one that was very lightly used and the racquet is in great shape. I just want to make sure that this is not a crack. I do not believe it is, but I have never seen a racquet that has a slight, even split in the middle of the bumper.

snoflewis
09-13-2006, 12:40 PM
Is there a very slight split exactly in the middle of the bumper. I just got one that was very lightly used and the racquet is in great shape. I just want to make sure that this is not a crack. I do not believe it is, but I have never seen a racquet that has a slight, even split in the middle of the bumper.

Prestige rackets have what are called CAP grommets. it's different from your everyday grommets because they cover the entire beam, rather than just the string hole. the CAP grommets are 3 piece. one at the throat and two at the head. the split in the middle is just the gap between the two pieces of grommets at the head. The volkls i had had a split in the middle too.

tennisguy11
09-13-2006, 12:42 PM
Thanks a lot for the clarification.