PDA

View Full Version : time for a new stick, Prince Shark LB perhaps?

punch
09-13-2006, 01:03 PM
Has anyone here used the Shark Long Body extensively?
I am looking at this racquet because I my previous two rackets have been Prince frames, so I am fairly comfortable with their grips, feel etc. It also is running for 80$ and probably soon to be discontinued so I am wondering if the racquet is worth the 80 dollars to pick up now.

I am a 6'2 lanky fella, use a decent amount of topspin with my forehand, use a fairly flat 2hbh and have a decent serve. I play at the baseline about 70% and come in 30 %.
I look for racquets in the range of 10.5-11.5 ounces, slightly headlight, maneuverable, 16x19 stringbed.

Also, if you could give any other recomendations on racquets in the 80-120 dollar range that might fit me.

tempura_MAKI
09-13-2006, 06:09 PM
Personally I haven't had good experiences with Prince. Many buddies of mine have though. If you feel that prince is a good company and you would like to stick with them then I totally agree that the Prince Shark is a good racquet. One of the decently price Princes I have come to like is the TT warrior midplus. Also, have you tried any other brands of racquets?

LoveThisGame
09-13-2006, 06:14 PM
The MP is a fine racquet.

punch
09-18-2006, 11:55 AM
Care to explain why it is fine?

Also, how would this racquet compare to the Head LM Radical, both are 80 dollars which is a perfect price for me. As I said, i'm an all court player.

I'm wondering if it would be better to stick with Prince sticks, if a Head stick would be to drastic a change.

LoveThisGame
09-18-2006, 04:55 PM
Some heft (11.1 oz.) if you like that; good swingweight (327); slightly head light (I like that! and good for volleys).

punch
09-18-2006, 05:18 PM
Yeah.

I like the fact it is in my weight area (11.1) I am not the strongest, I can handle frames around 11.5 but anything over that not so well.
I hope it can provide the nice blend of power and control I am looking for, and I hope it is well at net as I am an all courter hoping that it can perform in all aspects.

I've been looking and researching alot on the Shark LB, the LM Radical and the Dunlop M-Fil 300.

I'm leaning toward the Shark because I am familiar with Prince sticks.

The control that I have read about with the Radical makes me drool, however the dense string pattern I am not feeling, also I generate some power, but not a lot and I see the Radical needs quite of bit of your own power.

The M-Fil has a good blend of power and control, and is a all-court stick however it is 20 dollars more than the other two and i've never used a Dunlop frame.

Any other information, experiences, or comparisons with these frames would be appreciated.

borrachodemierda
12-03-2006, 01:50 PM
Hi, I'm also a Prince fan, I have had in the past the air db, diablo xp, and demoed the o3 tour, more control and more precision. I just added some lead tape at 3 and 9 to the shark lb mp, and let me tell you that it is impressive how some lead tape can make huge changes to this racquet. Serving with ths stick is amazing, but it lacks the control I discovered on the pog mid and tour diablo mid. Certainly, for $80 is a nice stick, but my guess is it that needs customization.

bcsax123
12-03-2006, 02:46 PM
Diablo XP MP or TT Warrior MP. Both are cheap.
I like the Prince grip shape. I had to modify my Head Prestige grip to be more rounded to my liking by adding some electrical tape.

Maybe the Dunlop Mfil 300 or 200 2006.

Sale racquets under $120
http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/catthumbs.html?CREF=161