PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever broken Pro Hurricane 17g mains?

TalkingTennis91
09-13-2006, 02:23 PM
Guys, I just needed a little of your past experiences. I currently have a Pro Hurricane 17g (mains) and VS Gut 17g (crosses) hybrid. I was wondering if any of you out there have ever broken the Pro Hurricane in your mains. I play with a Babolat Pure Drive Team Plus @ 60 lbs all around. Thanks a lot.:)

SteveI
09-13-2006, 04:13 PM
Guys, I just needed a little of your past experiences. I currently have a Pro Hurricane 17g (mains) and VS Gut 17g (crosses) hybrid. I was wondering if any of you out there have ever broken the Pro Hurricane in your mains. I play with a Babolat Pure Drive Team Plus @ 60 lbs all around. Thanks a lot.:)

Hi,

I have broken it.. but it was shot near the edge of the frame .. and not just.. snapping a main in the middle of the frame.

Regards,
Steve

Lleytian3
09-13-2006, 05:00 PM
it just depends on how much you play and how hard you hit the ball. i mean the hurricanes are pretty durable and if you are worried about breaking the 17's, why didnt you just order the 16's. hope all goes well

“I HATE losing more than I LOVE winning”

“Its not bout talent, its about heart, its about who can go out there and play the hardest, who can go out there and play the smartest, they’re not gonna give us anything, they’ve been here be4, we haven’t. So you gotta go out there and TAKE IT!”

Pusher
09-14-2006, 03:12 AM

Yes.

But they lasted quite a while.

I have found the 18g lasts longer-strange but true.

SteveI
09-14-2006, 04:29 AM
Yes.

Hi,

As a matter of fact, the last Hybrid I did with Hurricane 17 (Mains) and OG 17 Micro (Crosses).. the OG went 1st.

Steve

tempura_MAKI
09-14-2006, 01:13 PM
Yes.

Is this true? and is there a major difference between the 17's and 16's on this particular string? also, one more question, is it best to hybrid these strings? I particularly like the 16x18 or 17x18 hybrid setup, but after feeling my buddies full on 17's on his FP Rad. I fell in love.

10s99
09-14-2006, 06:37 PM
y - but they weren't very playable by the time they broke anyway . . . so, it is kind of a moot point

SteveI
09-15-2006, 03:20 AM
y - but they weren't very playable by the time they broke anyway . . . so, it is kind of a moot point

Very true indeed...

Steve