PDA

View Full Version : the effect of weight customization

dylo
09-13-2006, 04:58 PM
i recently added 6 grams of weight onto the 10 and 2 o'clock positions, 12 grams to the 3 and 9, and 18 grams to the handle to my prostaff 95

the result was a super cushiony, extra powerful racquet. i took of the weigh in the 3 and 9 and it was still way too powerful. is this normal when adding weight?

FitzRoy
09-13-2006, 05:03 PM
i recently added 6 grams of weight onto the 10 and 2 o'clock positions, 12 grams to the 3 and 9, and 18 grams to the handle to my prostaff 95

the result was a super cushiony, extra powerful racquet. i took of the weigh in the 3 and 9 and it was still way too powerful. is this normal when adding weight?

Yeah, pretty much - weight added to the hoop definitely increases the pop. You might want to try stringing them tighter. Also, the 18 grams to the handle could be adding a lot of power, depending on where you've placed it. Is it at the top of the handle, or near the bottom?

Zets147
09-13-2006, 05:04 PM
the 18 grams to the handle probably made it too headlight. Take off some and see how that feels.
(My credentials: I leaded up my Prince TT Warrior OS to be play like my Ncode Tour 90). <--Awesome Job if I do say so myself lol.

dylo
09-13-2006, 05:09 PM
i added the weight just above the buttcap

dylo
09-13-2006, 05:12 PM
another thing

other than lead tape and swingweights, is there another alternatative to adding weight that doesnt include any cancer causing substances

jlspeed29
09-13-2006, 05:16 PM
I have a frame i'd like to make a little more head light
Wilson H Wave, 100 sq
Should I place the lead at the top or the bottom of the handle?

oray777
09-13-2006, 09:02 PM
Wouldn't you have to ingest the lead before it would do any harm to you so should we worry about putting lead on our racquets?

anirut
09-13-2006, 09:06 PM
another thing

other than lead tape and swingweights, is there another alternatative to adding weight that doesnt include any cancer causing substances

Lead is used because it's heavy, malleable (can be easily worked on), and cheap.

If you want something that's heavy and non-carcinogen, you could try silver, gold, or platinum. They are malleable too.

chowdhurynaveen
09-13-2006, 11:32 PM
Lead is used because it's heavy, malleable (can be easily worked on), and cheap.

If you want something that's heavy and non-carcinogen, you could try silver, gold, or platinum. They are malleable too.

I heard if you use diamonds, it last a long time, the luster distracts your opponent, and the bling gets you a ton of girls! :D lol.

anirut
09-13-2006, 11:38 PM
I heard if you use diamonds, it last a long time, the luster distracts your opponent, and the bling gets you a ton of girls! :D lol.

Naveen, I don't think I'll need to add more diamonds. The whole of my 100% graphite (carbon) racket itself is a diamond ...

... when you really put it in the high pressure and intense heat of your game!