PDA

View Full Version : Dunlop M-Fil 300 vs Head Liquidmetal Radical MP

crazygangsta
09-13-2006, 05:15 PM
I've stopped playing competitive tennis for about 2 years (but have been playing socially) and thinking about playing competitive tennis again.
I currently have the babolat pure control team but I prefer my old Head Ti-radical (which I gave to my cousin).

I really liked my old radical so I was thinking of buying the liquidmetal radical, until I saw all these great comments and feedbacks on the M-Fil 300.

I have quite a bit of topspin and am generally a baseliner, however go to the net everytime I have a chance. I preferred control rackets when I was "young" because I considered myself as a strong player. However, now I don't consider myself a strong hitter at all. (so i need some POWER!, at the same time not losing any control)

I've got a full swing and my volleys aren;t too flash although I do hit certain ones away....lol

Can anyone suggest which racket I should buy from liquidmetal radical MP and a M-Fil 300?

tempura_MAKI
09-13-2006, 05:28 PM
These are the 2 racquets I had the most trouble with on deciding which to get. I ended up demo'ing the m-fil 200 and the lm radical both MP. The LM was not a bad racquet, TW had some bogus strings on it that made it feel crappy. But it felt decent on sweet spot hits and had a lot of control. The m-fil 200 played alot better, had alot more power, and spin and played easy at the net. It did have a lack of control and was a bit heavy, which the m-fil 300 isnt. I suggest going with dunlop unless you plan on re-stringing the head with a good hybrid setup strung about 3-5lbs below the median suggested weight.

dave333
09-13-2006, 06:08 PM
m-fil 300 has a nice combo of power and pop and you can customize to whichever one you want more. As far as I know, lm radical is a light control racquet.

crazygangsta
09-13-2006, 06:29 PM
I went to a proshop near my place and they did not have any of the rackets I was looking for...:(
Thanks for the comments, really appreciate it.
From the comments I have heard, I think the Dunlop is a better racquet for my style of play.

I just want to clarify what the main differences of the two rackets are..

Thanks heaps.
Please keep the comments coming.

bertrevert
09-13-2006, 06:57 PM
LM Rad MP is very much a control racquet, has a nice quality (buttery) feel and is low powered. Good swingweight and yet reasonable light static weight so you may want to add lead. This Rad most people agree is not as good as the FXP Rad. I'd go for the M-fil 300 as it has got good reviews here............

DragonFly
09-13-2006, 10:52 PM
the Mfil 200 is a closer match to the LM Radical. The Radical weighs less than the 200, so it might make you swing faster and gain more power. However, the mfil 200 is very stable. The 300 is not, unless you add lead. Generally, the mfil 300 has more spin, and feels a little stiffer, and is also very harsh on of center hits. Dunops also have their sweetspot up higher than most racquets.

cys19
09-29-2006, 03:33 PM
********!!!!! I can't decide between M-Fil 300 and LM Radical!!! And they both have terrible paintjobs!!!

gfdoto
09-30-2006, 04:06 PM
********!!!!! I can't decide between M-Fil 300 and LM Radical!!! And they both have terrible paintjobs!!!
Haha. I am also having trouble with this right now. I am currently demoing these two racquets along with the rds 001 and wilson nSix-One. So far the M-Fil 300 is my favorite with the radical being 2nd. The Radical felt more stable on groundstrokes because it's a bit heavier than the M-Fil 300 but I would think a little lead would stabilize the M-Fil 300 nicely. Serves had more kick with the M-Fil 300 which I liked. I have to agree though, neither of these paint jobs are all that attractive but the price is definitely right on these 2 racquets.

Regarding harshness of the M-Fil 300, I haven't really experienced it. Maybe it just feels comfortable since I'm coming from a Babolat PD+. :)

cys19
09-30-2006, 07:17 PM
Which one has a larger sweetspot?

gfdoto
10-01-2006, 09:44 PM
Sigh. I played some more with these 2 racquets today, along with the Wilson and the RDS 001 and I'm still leaning towards the LM Radical or the M-Fil 300 due to price. Still can't decide between them. Any more opinions on this?

Tennis Man
10-02-2006, 04:24 AM
That's a tough one. Just demo them both if you can and pick the one that feels better for you. Don't just go by reviews. Maybe Mfil-300 is a better value but LM has better technology IMHO.

rooski
10-02-2006, 07:51 AM
Between the M-Fil 300 and the LM Radical MP I would say the LM Rad MP by a good distance. Nice feeling racket. More solid/stable than the MF300.

The LM Rad MP has a bit more pop (due to added weight) than the Ti Rad MP (which I also played for a while) but generally the same type of feel and balance.

I agree with others above that the M200 is closer to the LM Rad MP than the M300 so you should probably compare those...especially since the M200 is also cheap these days.