PDA

View Full Version : String cramping racket potential?

Raqueteer
09-13-2006, 07:35 PM
I just switched from my Aeropro Drive Strung with Babolat Pro Hurricane and Babolat XCel Premium 17 to a dunlop m-fil 300 strung with basic, free, prince synthetic gut looking to add some comtrol to my game, but i hate it the Racket has apsolutely no feel, control or power. with such great feedback for the m-fill 300, I am forced to Blame the string any input?

pchoi04
09-13-2006, 08:32 PM
It could be the strings. I peronally think that the strings alone can make or break the racquet. However I can't complain with Prince Syn Gut but give it a second try with another string. Every player has there preference.

travlerajm
09-13-2006, 09:19 PM
Why don't you first try matching the weight distribution of your mfil 300 to your aeropro drive. You can match it almost exactly by doing the following:

Add 3 grams at 10 and 2 (1.5 on each side, center of mass at 22" from butt), plus 8 grams at the butt (center of mass at 0.25" from butt).

If you do this, your mFil 300 will play a lot like your Aerpro drive (but a little more flexible). You should be able to tell betterif the string is making a difference.