PDA

View Full Version : Flexpoint Radical MP or RDX 500 MP???

jcstennis
09-13-2006, 06:41 PM
I gotta ask... i'm switching racquets and no onger using my Pro Staffs (6.1 Classics MP). I have demo'd a few racquets (for a few weeks) and keep coming back to the Head Flex Rad MP and the Yonex RDX 500 MP. The Head i can serve the bee-jeezus out of the ball, but my groundstrokes are flying... ok, i should adjust the tension and or strings. The Yonex, my groundstrokes are perfect but my serve's pace is lacking (could string lower). I like them both... what are your thoughts or experiences with these racquets... how do you string them and @ what tension? Thanks for your help... J
________
jcstennis

Hoot
09-14-2006, 05:31 AM
I tried the RDX 500 MP and had the same results. It was great for my ground stroke but my serve suffered greatly. I could not generate any pace and my opponent just teed off on it. I used a demo and could not adjust the tension but it was not strung that tight and don't think that would have helped much.

I just demoed the FP Rad MP and OS along with the FP Prestige. Hopefully one of these will be what I am looking for.

jcstennis
09-14-2006, 06:31 AM
Hoot, let me know how you make out with the other racquets.

The RDX demo i used was strung with wilson nxt 17g @ mid tension (but with a demo, i'm sure the strings were down a pound or so). The FP Rad was strung with Gamma TNT 17g and it felt like it was at 56-58 lbs. The FP Rad, for me, i would definitely string higher. The FP,for size, felt close to my Pro Staffs.

Thanks for the info!

jcstennis

saqdeez
09-14-2006, 06:53 AM
same experience with rdx500...dealbreaker

jcstennis
09-14-2006, 08:50 AM
saqdeez... i see you use the LM radical... do you play the FlexPoint? if so, what strings and what tension?

what did you like or dislike about the yonex?
_______
jcstennis

Hoot
09-14-2006, 08:59 AM
I will give you a report but it might be this weekend before I can get out and hit the demos.

saqdeez
09-14-2006, 12:16 PM
the serve ruined it for me on the yonex. I just bought the fischer m speed pro. Amazing racket. Its the rdx500 but more buttery, better serve, and better control.

jcstennis
09-14-2006, 12:41 PM
saq... funny you mention the fischer... that and Vokl are the onlt 2 racquets i haven't demo'd yet! at the pro shop, they told me the Fischer is definitely worth the demo (these guys only charge me $4 a week per stick!)... how do you have the M strung and at what tension? i think i will demo it this weekend. thanks

jcstennis
09-14-2006, 12:50 PM
saq - how do you like the grip shape of the M?

HBK
09-14-2006, 06:10 PM
fxp radical mp won't fly on you if you lead it up at 3 and 9.

Ztalin
09-15-2006, 06:29 PM
I'd go with the RDX 500... I have lead in the handle, at 3, and at 9, and I have no problem hitting 100 mph serves... I guess some people need a more powerful racquet, though.

Hoot
09-15-2006, 07:24 PM
I hit with the FP Rad OS tonight briefly with my 11 year old daughter and I really like it. Now I did not have to handle any hard shots from her but the few times I tried to rip one I had no problems keeping it on the court. I hope to hit with my hitting partner Sunday to get a better feel but so far so good.

jcstennis
09-19-2006, 05:15 PM
Z... i could probably reach 100 or more on serves w/ the RDX... what strings and tension you using. the guy i play with said my serves with the FP Rad were way faster 110+... he swore 120 - i have never fired @ 120 before but it sure did feel good! plus he hurt his index finger (racquet hand) trying to return one (not the 120, he didn't even see it), and has not played for over a week!