PDA

View Full Version : PD roddick vs O3 hybrid tour

indianpryd45
09-13-2006, 08:39 PM
hey all
i am in the midst of picking out a new racquet, and kind of narrowed it down to these 2 left to demo. I still need to demo the Pd Roddick, and the o3 hybrid tour. I got to hold the Hybrid Tour today, as my local tennis shop got a frame from the Prince Rep, fully strung. It seems pretty stiff and heavy, but i hear the sweetspot is different, and the o ports are a bit different as well.

As for the PD Roddick, i just like the way it looks, and i hear it has some amazing power to it

What would you guys suggest would be better for more baseline/BIT of all court play?

please let me know, as i need to schedule my demo for the o3 hybrid tour and the PD Roddick

thanks

Gimpy
09-13-2006, 09:20 PM
pd roddick i hear is for aggresive baseliners but ill get more about it a couple days im demoing the pd roddick tommorow.

Will888
09-13-2006, 10:01 PM
the PD Roddick has sooo much power. Put alot of spin to keep the ball in, thats all I have to say

inferno303
09-14-2006, 04:24 AM
you'd tend to need more control for allcourt play and the 03s got that and power so u can mix it up
but still thats like a 5sq inch difference between the two

WayneCM
09-14-2006, 06:22 AM
I didn't find the PDR all that powerfull, i use it along with a head liquid metal 4 pro... Hit very similar but the head is far better 4 volleys... Found the PDR good for serves and baseline... Keep in mind i hit with very heavy topspin on fore and backhands... Volleys are more difficult bar the drive volley which i find it helps with the put away...

JerodT
09-14-2006, 07:16 PM
PDR is powerful but you have to swing through the ball. Great on serves. The more I play it the lihter it feels. Volleys aren't as crisp but I'm learning the racquet. Been hitting with a LM Prestige MP that is about .7oz lighter. I like but the PDR is more powerful. I'm still trying to figure out hoe some of my foehands are catching the baseline??

indianpryd45
09-17-2006, 05:40 PM
pretty tough decision for me

My dad doesnt want to keep taking me back to the racquet store, so ive got to choose beteween PD Roddick, O3 white or O3 hybrid tour. ive demoed 2 out of those 3, and PD Roddick was good, but arm got tired out fast. O3 white just felt OK, not great. O3 hybrid tour, which i held, felt kind of weighty, and i am wondering if i can swing well with it.

ive got to pick one tomorrow, pre-pay for the O3 hybrid, buy the O3 white, or the Pd Roddick.

any advices?

indianpryd45
09-23-2006, 10:49 AM
bump....

got the o3 hybrid, contemplating exchanging it for the PD Roddick with Cortex. Swingweight seems a lot on the hybrid, dont know if i can handle it. I wasnt able to demo it, due to busy school schedule and papers to write and such, and got to hit normal PD Roddick, which tired my arm out. does cortex do that?

should i stick with o3 hybrid or go for PD Roddick Cortex?

Milano
09-23-2006, 07:23 PM
Let me know which one you like better afterwards, I am pretty much in the same situation...choose between on of the prince 03s, pd, pdr, apd, or a wilson n-code ntour....

theazneyes
09-23-2006, 07:33 PM
bump....

got the o3 hybrid, contemplating exchanging it for the PD Roddick with Cortex. Swingweight seems a lot on the hybrid, dont know if i can handle it. I wasnt able to demo it, due to busy school schedule and papers to write and such, and got to hit normal PD Roddick, which tired my arm out. does cortex do that?

should i stick with o3 hybrid or go for PD Roddick Cortex?

It sounds like you don't like either racquet, or at least you can't handle any of them. I'm thinking you should find another racquet to choose, because both the Hybrid O3 and the PDR seem to be too heavy for you.

You keep saying the PDR tired you out, and then you got the even heavier o3 hybrid, so it's hard to say which one to choose. Go find a more suitable racquet for yourself.

indianpryd45
09-23-2006, 10:03 PM
no i like the PD Roddick, i like its power and volleying, its just that it tires my arm out. And im afraid im wasting money if my arm gets tired with it. When i play and my arm isnt tired, i play great, but my arm gets tired and i start to drop back and lose...

is the O3 white untiring for the arm?