PDA

View Full Version : What poly stays crisp the longest?

Lsmkenpo
09-14-2006, 12:44 AM
I love the crisp feel of Luxilon bb alu, but it tends
to lose its crispness after a few hours of play, any
other polys out there, that have the same feel, but stays crisp longer?

jonolau
09-14-2006, 12:57 AM
SPPP and TF Redcode seem like pretty good candidates too. I'm also using Gosen Polylon SP which is a very decently priced string for its feel, durability and tension maintenance.

diredesire
09-14-2006, 01:04 AM
I'll second SP. I'm going to disagree that Alu feels very "crisp" though. IMO, the feel is slightly muted, which lends itself to a feel that is a little... well, un-crisp.

The SP is very lively, springy, and "crisp." I personally think that first gen polys are much more "raw" playing and "crisp" (perhaps harsh, too) compared to newer generation co-poly type strings. Poly Polar is also an excellent "crisp" poly, though it eventually loses some tension, and gets a little too rebound-y.

In the same style of string, though, the "TiMO" luxilon was much more raw feeling and "Crisp" compared to the ALU, IMO, but it suffers the same fate, a playability drop off after about 12-15 hours, with the great feel/control returning about 30 minutes before it breaks ;)

pchoi04
09-14-2006, 01:32 AM
I think Super Smash Honey is the way to go.

Lsmkenpo
09-14-2006, 01:35 AM
Maybe "crisp" isn't the right adjective for what i'm trying to describe alu feels like to me when it's fresh.
For me the first hour I play with it, i get a good popping feel off the stringbed, after that its completely muted. I'm looking for something to give this same feeling but not go dead after an hour.

steve s
09-14-2006, 06:20 AM
cyberflash does it for me.

Ripper
09-14-2006, 09:48 AM
I like Lux BB ORIGINAL, but, if really crisp is what you like, you could try Lux Super Poly.

brucie
09-14-2006, 09:50 AM
Technifibre Pro Redcode...
Topspin Poly Polar

f1 tech
09-14-2006, 11:25 AM
cyberflash does it for me.
Definitely Cyberflash. Give it a try. Nice crisp hits with a nice pop.