PDA

View Full Version : euro n-six one tour 90

baros
09-14-2006, 05:22 AM
does the european version have a longer shaft does it look like federer's version.
________
High Performance Engines (http://www.mercedes-wiki.com/wiki/Mercedes-Benz_High_Performance_Engines)

ART ART
09-14-2006, 05:37 AM
European version = american version.

rosen88
09-14-2006, 06:04 AM
ART ART is right. I'm from Sweden and I have been playing with it. It is the same racquet. Maybe there is an Asian version? :confused:

Tennis Man
09-14-2006, 06:34 AM
Does anyone know of the differences between the versions?

For instance if you look at Federer's racquet it has Wilson logo just above the grip in "black over silver'. my racquet has "red over black" box. Has anyone noticed anything else?

milo
09-14-2006, 07:42 AM
about the wilson logo or the info on the throat is just an old and newer version. the black box in the throat is newer. the asian version of n6.1 tour shaft is not longer (like federer) and the unstrung weight is only 320g

Tennis Man
09-14-2006, 07:51 AM
about the wilson logo or the info on the throat is just an old and newer version. the black box in the throat is newer. the asian version of n6.1 tour shaft is not longer (like federer) and the unstrung weight is only 320g

So, does that mean Roger is using an older version? why would that be?

Zets147
09-14-2006, 07:56 AM
I believe the W logo with the red W and black box is the older version. While the newer one has the grey box.
My older tour 90 has the black box
My newer tour 90 has the silver box

Milo's observation is correct, he was pointing out that the racquet specs in the throat different colored boxes.
Silver box for specs is for the older version.
Black box for specs is for the newer version.

The ball was in
09-14-2006, 07:57 AM

The reason for the change in colour of th Wilson badge is to signify or act as a warranty so that when racquets are returned to Wilson, they can tell which year they were made and decide whether to replace free of charge or not

BreakPoint
09-14-2006, 12:33 PM

Zets147 is correct. Frames made in 2004 had the black square with red "W" above the grip. Frames made after that have the silver square with black "W" above the grip. Thus, Federer's frame is newer than the one you have.

Tennis Man
09-14-2006, 01:23 PM
TW has older version then and all the pro shops around me have black box above the grip with red W. Is that true?

baros
09-14-2006, 01:35 PM
the post is about if the shaft is longer.
________
Corvette C6.R (http://www.chevy-wiki.com/wiki/Chevrolet_Corvette_C6.R)

BreakPoint
09-14-2006, 01:37 PM
TW has older version then and all the pro shops around me have black box above the grip with red W. Is that true?

No, what are you talking about? The ones with the black box and red "W" above the grip have not been produced for almost two years so they should all be sold out by now. All the pro shops and TW should have the version with the silver box and black "W" by now. If you're referring to the pic on TW, they took that pic back in May 2004 when they first got hold of the nSix-One Tour, so of course, it has the black box.

BTW, why does it matter anyway? It's the same racquet!!

BreakPoint
09-14-2006, 01:39 PM
the post is about if the shaft is longer.

Please stop it. The ones with the longer shaft is not sold anywhere. The only way to get one is to win a few Grand Slams first and then ask Wilson directly to make you one like that, like Federer and Sampras did. :neutral:

Tennis Man
09-14-2006, 01:44 PM
BP, thanks for clarifying that. Now you got me really worried. So, it looks like I got an older version. Would it be very different from the newer one?

I LOVE IT. I'll be getting another one soon.

baros
09-14-2006, 03:31 PM
BreakPoint why the hell are you getting mad at me rafaello is the one going crazy over the colour of a tiny w on the racquet.
________
roor bongs (http://roorbongs.org)

BreakPoint
09-14-2006, 04:06 PM
BreakPoint why the hell are you getting mad at me rafaello is the one going crazy over the colour of a tiny w on the racquet.

Because you're the one that keeps asking for a nSix-One Tour with a longer shaft/shorter pallet in a vain attempt to LOOK exactly like Federer. It's not going to make you play any better, and who's really going to notice the difference anyway? Are your friends going to make fun of you because you play with a racquet with a longer pallet like everyone else's?

BreakPoint
09-14-2006, 04:07 PM
BP, thanks for clarifying that. Now you got me really worried. So, it looks like I got an older version. Would it be very different from the newer one?

I LOVE IT. I'll be getting another one soon.

You're welcome, and no, they are exactly the same.

baros
09-14-2006, 04:20 PM
i'm not trying to look like federer I just like the way it looks and I have a one hander and I have all this un used grip mind your own and what do you play with most likely a maxply haha.
________
Toyota Automobile Museum specifications (http://www.toyota-wiki.com/wiki/Toyota_Automobile_Museum)

BreakPoint
09-14-2006, 04:41 PM
i'm not trying to look like federer I just like the way it looks and I have a one hander and I have all this un used grip mind your own and what do you play with most likely a maxply haha.

No, I use a nSix-One Tour, too! I also hit a one-handed backhand, and have been for over 30 years. I don't mind the longer grip at all. Why would it? I only use the bottom part of it. I would only be concerned if I hit a two-handed backhand and the grip was too short. Why would it concern me if it was the other way around? :confused:

Tennis Man
09-14-2006, 05:16 PM
my handle is getting longer the more I play with it :)

ART ART
09-14-2006, 06:03 PM
Please post the specs of your nCode 90" ,with strings and overgrip (weight and balance point)

My nCode90": 366grams, ~32,0cm balance point.

Tennis Man
09-14-2006, 06:12 PM
mine is 363g, 30.5 (with strings and Wilson nTrap dampener)

milo
09-16-2006, 12:06 PM
Please post the specs of your nCode 90" ,with strings and overgrip (weight and balance point)

My nCode90": 366grams, ~32,0cm balance point.

isn't this question will hijack the thread?? btw mine is 345grams. don't know about the balance point

Zets147
09-16-2006, 12:22 PM
My older ncode tour 90 (red W over black box) feels lighter than my newer ncode tour 90 (black W over silver box). I do not have any tools to measure this with so :( It's probably the quality control at Wilson though.

The ball was in
09-16-2006, 12:44 PM
My older ncode tour 90 (red W over black box) feels lighter than my newer ncode tour 90 (black W over silver box). I do not have any tools to measure this with so :( It's probably the quality control at Wilson though.

I have 3 of the old version and one of the new version...i had a frame crack and wilson in the UK were very kind to replace it...to be honest...there is no difference in the feel of the racquet....it might sound harsh, but it might be something psychological...as you want there to be a difference between the 2 racquets...all of mine apart from the new one were matched...so i might retract that sweeping statement i made about it being in your head...but if there is any difference...it will only be very very minimal...just enjoy it...and try not to think about it too much :)

Zets147
09-29-2006, 09:00 PM
I have 3 of the old version and one of the new version...i had a frame crack and wilson in the UK were very kind to replace it...to be honest...there is no difference in the feel of the racquet....it might sound harsh, but it might be something psychological...as you want there to be a difference between the 2 racquets...all of mine apart from the new one were matched...so i might retract that sweeping statement i made about it being in your head...but if there is any difference...it will only be very very minimal...just enjoy it...and try not to think about it too much :)

Other people have felt the difference in weight without me telling them which one I thought felt heavier, or lighter.. There is a difference in these 2 racquets.