PDA

View Full Version : wilson reaction vrs nxt's...

vinnier6
09-14-2006, 02:57 PM
anyone use reaction...i am considering switching from nxt to reaction...i am trying sensation right now but it doesnt seem that much different than nxt...maybe just a tad crisper...which i like, but i am still looking for something that will hold tension better

Ronaldo
09-14-2006, 07:20 PM
Reaction is a lot more crisp than NXT, just try it

arifed
09-15-2006, 06:14 AM
... and holds tension much better

Valjean
09-15-2006, 09:30 AM
Reaction is such a big jump in firmness; it's probably the firmest multi out there (although it's widely available, too). Instead, there is NXT family's firmer NXT Max or, most probably, NXT OS, which has the best tension retention in the NXT family. You might even like Tecnifibre's Multifeel, Babolat's Syntronic Brio and Tecnifibre's TrC. These last are all around $10. Laserfibre and Klip have more in the $12-14 range.

Ronaldo
09-15-2006, 10:49 AM
Don't rule out Babolat Fibertour or Attraction

diredesire
09-15-2006, 11:47 AM

not a bad suggestion, probably a happy medium between the two.

Reaction is on one side of wilson's multi spectrum, and NXT is on the other. Reaction is much crisper, firmer, and holds tension extremely well (as has already been mentioned).

Another string to consider (if you like crisp and decent tension holding) is Laserfibre Supreme. Not sure if TW stocks it at the moment. Even if you DO prefer sensation over NXT, it doesnt' mean you'll like reaction. It's something you just gotta try and see if you like it.

Jesse K.
09-15-2006, 12:35 PM
Oo Please don't go with attraction...it is the worst string I've ever used..I haven't tried Reaction, but I've been pretty happy with NXT so far...although I would like to see better tension retention...alas that is the downfall of multis though...

backcourt
09-15-2006, 12:59 PM
Reaction is a pretty firm multi which plays alot like Yonex 850 Spin. It holds tension better and is firmer amd lowered poweredthan most multis, NXT is one of the softer multis I have hit with, and if you want a cushioned feel its a good choice, but it looses tension quickly. FWIW I would say Technifibre TRC is a little softer than reaction, and is a very nice playing string.

vinnier6
09-15-2006, 01:45 PM
great help...thanks guys

Ronaldo
09-15-2006, 06:04 PM
Reaction, Laserfibre Supreme a few others are just what most multi-users are trying to avoid. Funny, real gut strung taut actually feels more like Reaction or Laserfibre Supernatural than these supersoft strings like NXT.

TonyB
09-15-2006, 06:44 PM
Personally, I didn't care for the Reaction that I had in my last racquet. Very harsh and underpowered. Nice control, but you sacrifice too much in terms of feel and power, in my opinion. To get any power out of them, you really have to drop the tension pretty low, at which point all the control goes out the window anyways.

I'd rather have a cheap nylon in my racquet than Reaction strings. I really just don't like them at all.

Ronaldo
09-15-2006, 06:54 PM
Had Reaction in an OS Volkl Catapult, very firm, PSG firm. But easy on the arm. Want soft, Gamma Professional

vinnier6
09-16-2006, 05:30 AM
Had Reaction in an OS Volkl Catapult, very firm, PSG firm. But easy on the arm. Want soft, Gamma Professional
soft is what i am trying to get away from...i have been using nxt for a while and over the summer i noticed it didnt hold tension very well and it was way too soft...now nxt tour i thougt played firmer and kept its tension better, but i still am looking to try something a little more crisper and holds tension better...that is why i am looking into reaction...right now i am trying sensation and its ok, but would still like something better

Valjean
09-16-2006, 08:45 AM
NXT, the OS version; it holds tension better than Tour does.

diredesire even has a good point with Laserfibre's Laser Supreme. Some claim Laserfibre's SuperNatural Pro Stock holds tension even better than Supreme, but it's considerably more than even the price point you're into.

vinnier6
09-16-2006, 12:25 PM
nxt os felt very mushy to me, nxt tour i thought was better....

Valjean
09-16-2006, 01:58 PM
I've measured the two in the racquet over time. Either you had a bad experience with NXT OS somehow (bad stringjob, string relaxed through exposure to heat and humidity, etc.) or you may just like the feel of Tour more.

Ronaldo
09-16-2006, 03:51 PM
Reaction is such a big jump in firmness; it's probably the firmest multi out there (although it's widely available, too). Instead, there is NXT family's firmer NXT Max or, most probably, NXT OS, which has the best tension retention in the NXT family. You might even like Tecnifibre's Multifeel, Babolat's Syntronic Brio and Tecnifibre's TrC. These last are all around $10. Laserfibre and Klip have more in the $12-14 range.
Good call on the Multifeel, bit less crisp than Reaction. Re-strung the same racquet after just breaking Reaction. Have one set of Syntronic Brio, may try it next.

tedmeister
12-26-2006, 01:27 AM
Oo Please don't go with attraction...it is the worst string I've ever used..I haven't tried Reaction, but I've been pretty happy with NXT so far...although I would like to see better tension retention...alas that is the downfall of multis though...

Tried my samples of Bab attraction twice, first as a full job, which was no improvement over the old Excel Premiums and then as a cross with Live Wire in the mains expecting get some liveliness but this string just gets crushed at the impact point so bad that it flattens out and this is with a multi main. Imagine how it would fare with polyester mains. I say this string won't stay for long in the market. There are better performing and cheaper strings in this category out there.

vinnier6
12-26-2006, 08:28 AM
i didnt know this thread was still going, so i guess i can udate alittle...

i didnt try out the reaction just yet, but i have like 8 demo sets of it, so i will at some point in time...

right now i am using sppp 16 at 58lbs and i like it....