PDA

View Full Version : Help finding the right racquet

GFoed20
09-14-2006, 03:00 PM
Hey I need some help choosing a racquet. I am a beginner, but I have played a little tennis before, just like with friends. I plan on getting lessons soon, and then hopefully getting better real quick. So I was wondering what racquet I should get, mainly because I was planning on advancing quickly and I don't want to have to buy another racquet real soon. I like the Prince racquets but thats just an idea. Like I have no idea about head size, string tension and all that stuff. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!!

Oh yeah Im looking to spend around the $100-$150 range.

dacrymn
09-14-2006, 03:59 PM
Ask your coach. It's so impossible to direct you to a good racquet over the internet, that it's just probably be a bad choice anyway. Are you strong? fast? etc. We don't have enough information. Just keep in mind not to get too "players-y" a racquet, because although you won't have to buy a new racquet "real soon," what good does it do you if you can't even use it NOW.
________
medical marijuana doctor (http://mmjp.org)

MTChong
09-14-2006, 04:03 PM
The 300G isn't a bad racquet; or the M-Fil 300 made by Dunlop. It's not too pricy, but it's good to both start on and also continue playing with (perhaps with lead additions). Also, lots of it may depend on your physique as well; my rule is to use the heaviest racquet possible that you can comfortable and manageably swing for the duration of three tough sets.

anirut
09-14-2006, 04:28 PM
I'd second Chong on the Dunlop 300-range ...